X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waas/egnos/msas in rp?

FYI:

Question:

Will waas/egnos enabled Garmin Nuvi also enable/utilise MSAS in philippines?

Answer from Garmin:

Thanks for contacting GARMIN corp. Your mail has been forwarded on to us from Garmin International.
    First of all, please accept our apologies for not answering your email in time.
    Due to an unforeseeable high volume of emails we’ve received, we’ve been working hard to respond to all customer emails.

Garmin GPS do not support MSAS currently.

Best regards,
    Denise Ting
    Marketing Dept, GARMIN Corp.
    Add: No. 68, Jhangshu 2nd Road, Sijhih, Taipei County 221, Taiwan
    Tel: 02-2642-8999 Ext: 6866
    Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Garmin Mobile XT on 3D differential Location.

Satellite number 42 is MTSAT-1R (MSAS), Japan's WAAS/EGNOS.

Sometimes, I also get satellite number 50 (MTSAT-2), but GPS will only lock on to one of them. Depends on which has a higher signal level.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tofu; 03-27-2011, 20:09.
    I am but a figment of your imagination... with a post count of 9999 or greater.

Comment

Originally posted by Tofu View Post
      Garmin Mobile XT on 3D differential Location.

Satellite number 42 is MTSAT-1R (MSAS), Japan's WAAS/EGNOS.

Sometimes, I also get satellite number 50 (MTSAT-2), but GPS will only lock on to one of them. Depends on which has a higher signal level.
      Thanks for the info Tofu

Read more about MSAS and other Satelite Based Augmentation Systems (SBAS) here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-f...ntation_System
      Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Just curious... does anyone else have a lock on MSAS satellites?

Fortunately, the Philippines is well inside the service area of both satellites. Not only in the signal footprint, but inside the usable grid.
        I am but a figment of your imagination... with a post count of 9999 or greater.

Comment

Working...
        X