Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any comments on the nuvi 255w or nuvi 260w?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any comments on the nuvi 255w or nuvi 260w?

hello folks,

i've been away for a while, but i'm eager to get back to doing some mapping work - i'm planning to (finally) get myself a dedicated GPS unit, and my budget has it narrowed down to either the nuvi 255w or the nuvi 260w. any helpful inputs would be greatly appreciated!

Originally posted by chris2x View Post
    hello folks,

i've been away for a while, but i'm eager to get back to doing some mapping work - i'm planning to (finally) get myself a dedicated GPS unit, and my budget has it narrowed down to either the nuvi 255w or the nuvi 260w. any helpful inputs would be greatly appreciated!
    260w- old model (might be discontinued, refurbished?), not sure if it can record 1s track, they say it can but im not sure

255w new model, able to record 1s track

HTH
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

i got the 255w, its really good and it can store upto 1,000 waypoints/tracks,
      and is txt to speech! it says the street names rather than the distance of the next turn

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
        260w- old model (might be discontinued, refurbished?), not sure if it can record 1s track, they say it can but im not sure

255w new model, able to record 1s track

HTH
        Mine is 260W. It can record 1S tracks using the 4-point method in "Where Am I?".
        Garmin 260W

Comment

Originally posted by chris2x View Post
          hello folks,

both units purpose is for navigation.
          for mapping, you should get a handheld unit like 60csx.
          receiver is more sensitive so you will be more accurate.
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by anthony.pinoy View Post
            Mine is 260W. It can record 1S tracks using the 4-point method in "Where Am I?".
            How did you record 1s tracks? I'm using Nuvi 260 too. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PageDown View Post
              How did you record 1s tracks? I'm using Nuvi 260 too. Thanks

first you must try if your unit is capable of 1-sec track recording at page 2 of this thread: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=384
              if not go to page 1 of the same thread but do it at your own risk

thanks
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
              X