nuvi 1390 audio problem solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nuvi 1390 audio problem solved!

For weeks now, I have been looking for a solution regarding audio problems with my nuvi 1390. This started when I tried using its bluetooth capability. On one trip to Quezon province, dear Karen suddenly gave up on giving directions. After a few reboots, lo and behold she's back. This became an on and off problem and I temporarily clinged on the reboot solution. Garmin's advice was to do hard resets and master resets which most likely was already discussed on some threads here. But these didn't help. Until I read one solution also from a Garmin forum which involves deleting a likely corrupt or damaged file. I tried it and it worked. So I've thought of sharing it here in case you may encounter the same problem. Since it came from a long thread, I just copied the solution. It's still is a good practice to backup all your data including the file to be deleted. This will be reconstructed anyway on the next reboot. Credit goes to johnnymusiq.

Here's to quote:
    "Connect the USB cable to your 1490T (edit: in my case 1390. might work also with other nuvis) and computer. Open windows explorer.

You should have a Garmin Nuvi drive listed. Select the .System folder (it's hidden), then the sqlite folder. You should see a file called mlg_history.db.
    You can also do a search in the Garmin drive for the file.

Delete mlg_history.db It is almost certainly corrupted/damaged.

Disconnect the USB cable. Power on. The Nuvi should boot fast (like when it was new).

Enjoy your sounds and bluetooth connection. mlg_history.db will be automatically regenerated by the Nuvi."

Hope this might be of help in the future.
Working...
X