Nuvi 255W battery life issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 255W battery life issue

guys anyone know where i can buy nuvi 255W battery? a local supplier or store? my 255 only lasts 5-10 mins now if not plugged.

To be honest I do not trust buying anything here to be of a good quality, I bought my new battery for my 765 after going through ebay, the battery came from Singapore, free shipping, with free plastic screen cover for my unit. The price was about $6 and its still working well after 2 years.

John

Comment

Nuvi battery

Kuya,

Also got a 255W, and it doesn't last more than 5mins.
      Was that ebay.sg? free shipping!?

Comment

Yes it was free shipping, to be honest I cannot remember which ebay Sg or Ph or even USA, sorry.
        John

Comment

Yup, ebay is the way to go. Taiwan or Hong Kong sellers abound plus free shipping. you replace it yourself, just go to You Tube for complete video instructions.

Comment

As a novice on GPS, Maps and Garmin products, I wanted the lowest cost Garmin, to see how well the Maps and the GPS performed!
            I settled on a factory refurbished Nuvi 255 from Amazon.com for USD54.00.

Good price but still came with full 1 year Warranty and Free Update of supplied Map (USA & Canada!).

The Battery was fine also, for at least 2 years then would say Fully Charged, but in reality showed only 50% capacity.

Since I had a 12V Power Outlet I had wired in, on my Yamaha XT225 'Serow', this 50% power was not a problem!
            I also had a Solar Charger/Battery fitted atop the added visor to the handlebar mount case that I bought to easily view and keep out the dust. rain. and insulate the Nuvi, from the heat of the sun!

However I wanted to take this Nuvi 255 (With 'Venus' version of Garmin China Maps) with me to China.
            I might need more than 50% Battery for that!

After a lot of searching, I decided to use this company for replacement NUVI Battery - BatteryBay.net

logo.gif

Business Name: Batterybay.net (The recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. - Verified)
            Email: sales@batterybay.net
            Payment Sent to: sales@xell.hk

Total amount: -$13.79 USD (equals -€10.63 EUR)
            Fee amount: $0.00 USD
            Net amount: -$13.79 USD

Conversion from: -€10.63 EUR
            Conversion to: $13.79 USD
            Exchange rate: 1 Euro = 1.29771 U.S. Dollars

Item amount: $13.79 USD
            Sales Tax: $0.00 USD
            Shipping: $0.00 USD
            Handling: $0.00 USD
            Quantity: 1

Item Title: Order Number 36415
            Item Number: 36415
            Date: Jan 26, 2013
            Time: 10:09:44 GMT+08:00

They not only offer excellent PRICING but FREE Delivery also!

Since I was going to China, it was not certain it would arrive in Cebu before I left. Therefore I put down my sister-in-law's address in Hong Kong as I was to be staying there for 2 nights before travelling to China. No problem collecting it and fitted it myself in Zhuzhou, Hunan Province.

I found a YouTube Tutorial showing how to open the Nuvi, and change the Battery.

One needs special size Torx screwdriver (I had bought a cheap Set from CDRking) - but these got taken off me from my 'hand carry bag', as I was travelling LITE, with no check-in luggage.

The cheapest solution was to have someone open my Garmin Nuvi 255, for me at a shop in Zhuzhou City.
            After successfully completing the replacement battery swap, that shop kindly refitted the torx screws - no charge!

That replacement battery from www.batterybay.net has lasted over 18 months and still giving 100% Capacity.
            No doubt it will go another 12 months or more at least

See http://www.batterybay.net/garmin-gps-battery-s/332..htm for Garmin Batteries

The Nuvi 255W
            shares same Battery with 200 200w 205 205T 205W 250 205WT 255 255T 255W 255WT 252w 260 260w 270

US$14.79 with Free Shipping from batterybay.net:-

Battery for Garmin Nuvi
            200 200w 205 205T 205W 250 205WT 255 255T 255W 255WT 252w 260 260w 270

List Price: $19.60
            Our Price: $14.79
            You save : $4.81!

FREE SHIPPING

PS:
            I used that 50% capacity Nuvi Battery (ie still perhaps 650mAh), in a solid-state (MP3/MP4/AVI) etc etc Media Player that had a faulty battery,
            Last edited by Britster; 08-30-2014, 20:41.

Comment

Working...
            X