garmin mobile xt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

garmin mobile xt

hello guys i just wanna ask what gps phone unit can i install garmin mobile xt with? cuz there are alot of gps phone available in the market today and i dont know wich one to buy, TIA!!

There are plenty of phones that supports GMXT. Generally, if your phone has a built-in GPS receiver and runs any of the following OS; Windows Mobile 5 and up, PalmOS, and Symbian, chances are it supports GMXT.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Very true.
      Most of my colleagues that has GMXT are using Smartphone Symbian OS with GPS features.
      Last edited by pokz; 11-22-2009, 09:28.

Comment

If I may add, even if your phone does not have a GPS receiver, for as long as it runs any of the OS I mentioned earlier and has Bluetooth, you can pair it with an external GPS receiver.
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

leimajmaodon, as I have mentioned in my previous reply to you, I'm not sure if Windows Mobile Standard versions (Smartphone type) can use Garmin Mobile XT. But if you are now considering buying Windows Mobile Professional phones (Touchscreen type), then I can name some popular ones for you to choose from. First of all ahem, hehe, is the the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1i, Samsung Omnia I and II, most of the newer HTC phones like the Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2, Touch HD, etc. By the way, the Xperia X1i is also manufactured by HTC, but sold exclusively under the Sony Ericsson brand. All HTC manufactured phones with GPS have a software called QuickGPS, wherein it can download 'in advance' GPS satellite positions to better predict where they will be once you turn Garmin Mobile XT on. This is very very useful for me, since it can give me a lock well under 10 seconds.

As for Symbian OS phones, I also have the Nokia E71 which works very well. Some of my friends are into GPS too, and they use the Nokia 5800, and the N97 (with a little problem in landscape mode). I've noticed Nokia phones lock a bit slower, maybe because they don't have a QuickGPS feature, but once they get a lock, everything is okay. You might want to research a bit on the net, because not all GPS enabled Symbians are good enough. I have tried a Nokia N78, it seems its GPS radio is not that strong. I was having a hard time getting a lock on top of our building. Once I got a lock, I went down and started the car. When I got in the car, the signal got cut again, and I never got it back all throughout the driving session. I'm not sure, but maybe an external antenna of some sort is needed with it.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X