Papago M6 for iPhone 3G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papago M6 for iPhone 3G

hey guys, i just saw papago has a gps map from JKLinc for the iphone 3G... and the app cost about $39.99 to download... i'm planning to install it in my iphone but I need some inputs or comments... i might regret it coz its about 1840 in ph pesos... and i already have a garmin nuvi 205W and am planning to get a garmin/asus m20 in singapore... is it worth it?

Hi mausolis,

the map for the Philippines on the papago m6 is really good, same detailed as the free roadguide map, maybe better. I could not have a change for a direct comparision, was to lazy to bring my Nuvi. Last weekend we flew to Manila and drove from NAIA3 to south. The routing was working quite well, just on SLEX the iPhone could not decide where to go - it was confused between Skyway and Slex. Sometimes the iPhone lost the GPS signal, what I think it's normal for this gadget, or because of the car's tint - we sad in the back seats.

What's a bit anoying is the papago software itselfe, the voice instructions are a bit slow and long, though it happens that the device is always talking, if turns are coming near after each other. Also the iPhones speaker is not loud enough!

Another problem I saw - never had this on the nuvi - that the gps pointer is jumping between streets, if they are near to each other, like ramps or service roads. The graphics is in my opinion not really cool, I saw the navigon software for the iPhone, I would rate the papago software far behind this.

Last problem is the poor battery life, if the iphon's GPS is running. If you need the phone also for that, what it was mainly made for - I mean as a phone - a car charger is a must. My battery was drained from 80% to 10% in only one hour. But all in all better than nothing or better than an online map from google, where without internet flatrate this is totally useless.

Conclusion: I like it because it's nice not to carry always two gadgets, but for all day driving I prefer a real navigation unit in my car.

Comment

Working...
    X