Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iphone or garmin

hi guys,

im newbie here. im in canada right now and will be coming back in a few days.

im thinking now of buying a GPS device to use in the philippines, and wondering if the maps that you can download here in roadguide can be used for Iphone.

Also, if there's a thread regarding how to to download the maps for the iphone, that would be great.

is there also a fee if you use the iphone for GPS, say, using prepaid GLOBE SIM?

thanks in advance.

Originally posted by disavowed21 View Post
    hi guys,

im thinking now of buying a GPS device to use in the philippines, and wondering if the maps that you can download here in roadguide can be used for Iphone.
    hi and welcome,

link to your question http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=24
    "music for the road?" @ free-mp3.ph

Comment

i see.. thanks... guess ill just buy a garmin instead...

im actually looking at 2 garmin nuvi gps..

260W and 250.. can anyone give a recommendation? or should i start a new thread for this one...

Comment

Originally posted by disavowed21 View Post
        i see.. thanks... guess ill just buy a garmin instead...

im actually looking at 2 garmin nuvi gps..

260W and 250.. can anyone give a recommendation? or should i start a new thread for this one...
        Check out this link then go to the "which Nuvi is best for you section", very informative http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-4-3-Inc...5800208&sr=8-1. The Nuvi thread in this forum is also very informative...

I've read somewhere that the Nuvi xx0 series are the older releases while the xx5 series are current releases. Some of the xx0 series are already being phased as well (check the Garmin website for more info). The "W" simply means wide and have wider screens than the xxx but with the same features. Lots of user reviews to in Amazon for the Nuvi. Listed prices also are eye openers and gives you an idea how much profit sellers in the Philippines are making after adding in F/H & tax (if paid)... . Btw, how do we tell if a unit is factory refurbished or not? Maybe some sellers are even selling refurbished units and are making a double kill...

Comment

Working...
        X