Problems on my garmin Mobile xt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deadlyelegance View Post
    yes sir it's already fixed but i can't find a single signal everywhere near my place, except in novaliches area, n95 sucks
    Perhaps a quick restart of your phone will help. Do you get a GPS fix on the built in program AND Garmin or just in one? -- that will help narrow down if its a software or hardware problem.

From experience, I get a quick GPS fix if I run my Garmin within the area where I turned of garmin. If for example I turn in off in San Juan, then drive to Alabang and turn in on in alabang, it takes about 5 minutes standing still to regain GPS signal. HTH

Comment

hello,

Does A-GPS, I-GPS + Network based get billed
      with data charges?

Nokia Map needs data connection to update map.
      drained a lot of battery power using Nokia MAP.

Comment

Originally posted by motocyclist View Post
        hello,

Does A-GPS, I-GPS + Network based get billed
        with data charges?

Nokia Map needs data connection to update map.
        drained a lot of battery power using Nokia MAP.

afaik A-GPS gets billed because it connect through your cellphone providers internet every time you use GPS feature on your cellphone. But I-GPS is (integrated gps) is free as it connect directly to satellite. you can use your GPS with A-GPS feature disabled to avoid data charges.

drained a lot of battery power using Nokia MAP
        ah yes activating GPS will drain your battery

Comment

dear friends, if you dont want to incur data charges i suggest that you use a pc with internet connection, and download nokia maps on your memory card, you can download the whole asia, then when you use it in your mobile you can disactivate the A gps

Comment

Originally posted by biessekl View Post
            dear friends, if you dont want to incur data charges i suggest that you use a pc with internet connection, and download nokia maps on your memory card, you can download the whole asia, then when you use it in your mobile you can disactivate the A gps
            Thanks for the tip... but we're doing very well with xt and our Roadguide map. And yes, no data charges...

Comment

Don't forget - with the N95 you need to have the keypad exposed to use the GPS as the antenna is somewhere below the zero key.

I use my N95 with Garmin software all over the world and it works great. Typical "lock-on" time is about 30 secs (using A-GPS) and the data charge is so minimal.

Comment

Garmin XT <-- the best. Installed it on my E72, had the 5.00 and it usually crashed. then after doing some research, i found out that there is already version 5.00.6, installed it and voila!! very stable and very accurate

Comment

where were you able to get 5.00.6? i can only see 5.00.5 in the garmin website.

Comment

Working...
                  X