Google Earth to Nuvi 205

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Earth to Nuvi 205

i got an upcoming trip which is not yet updated in the map. to make my trip better, i got a few landmarks / places to visit via google earth.

- Right click in google earth
    - saved as .kml
    - I converted them using kml2gpx (free download)
    - opened in mapsource
    - send to device

i will contribute to our map as soon as i confirm the locations via my nuvi when i get back and find time.

just thought this was worth sharing.

free kml2gpx

Where can i download free converter?

Comment

cant remember the link; try to google: kml2gpx

HTH

Comment

what file of Google Earth do i need to convert to gpx?

Comment

Originally posted by gareth85 View Post
          what file of Google Earth do i need to convert to gpx?
          You need to create those files in Google Earth. Like if you want to mark waypoints, or trace the line of a road, or trace a polygon of a river or buildings. After making these points or tracings, these can be saved in kml/kmz format. To view in Mapsource, the kml/kmz file needs to be converted to gpx. Take note though that the points or traces you make in GE will not necessarily overlay with the roadguide map exactly. And points and tracks taken with your GPS are more accurate and reliable. HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
            You need to create those files in Google Earth. Like if you want to mark waypoints, or trace the line of a road, or trace a polygon of a river or buildings. After making these points or tracings, these can be saved in kml/kmz format. To view in Mapsource, the kml/kmz file needs to be converted to gpx. Take note though that the points or traces you make in GE will not necessarily overlay with the roadguide map exactly. And points and tracks taken with your GPS are more accurate and reliable. HTH
            Thanks.

Comment

great tool

thank you very much,, im looking for this tool,,,, before im manually inputting the long lat and data to gps,,, thanks again!!

Comment

Google Earth with Wikimapia Data Helps

Because my NUVI 205 Philippine Road Map datas are not yet upgraded, Google Earth with Wikimapia data help me a lot in directing me to the right routes going to my destination especially here in Manila.

These is what I do:

1. Find the destination and waypoints in the google earth.
                2. Get the coordinates of the point of destination and waypoints.
                3. Save the coordinates to GPS (nuvi205)
                4. In the GPS Where to go = input the coordinates of the destination and via points .... that's it I'm ready for navigation

Hope I can get an upgraded Philippine Road Map here, so that my GPS is always ready for navigation (giving me the right direction). Right now my GPS is always advising me to turn to a oneway traffic or take a long trip to my destination

NOTE: Please help me how to upload my mapsource "Davao City Trip" , I want to contribute to get an upgraded road map.

Comment

Originally posted by rexiejun View Post
                  Because my NUVI 205 Philippine Road Map datas are not yet upgraded, Google Earth with Wikimapia data help me a lot in directing me to the right routes going to my destination especially here in Manila.

These is what I do:

4. In the GPS Where to go = input the coordinates of the destination and via points .... that's it I'm ready for navigation

Hope I can get an upgraded Philippine Road Map here, so that my GPS is always ready for navigation (giving me the right direction). Right now my GPS is always advising me to turn to a oneway traffic or take a long trip to my destination

NOTE: Please help me how to upload my mapsource "Davao City Trip" , I want to contribute to get an upgraded road map.
                  just to advice sir, Google Earth is not accurate.
                  we have a free standard map. and we have a contributors map which is more complete. contribute DATAS and the contributor map is yours for free also.

good day
                  Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                  - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by rexiejun View Post

These is what I do:

As mentioned by HBT, data from Google Earth might not be accurate and is usually off. Please read the "How to's" first so you'll have a clearer idea how to contribute. Then if you have questions that you think was not covered in the "How to's", please post your questions so that we can help clarify... HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X