Webupdater_254

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webupdater_254

I had problems transferring my tracks / routes to my mapsource application and want to share my solution.

I downloaded "webupdater from Garmin website (http://www8.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=931)
    It appeared I have been so busy with my Garmin and it worked so well for me that I never bothered to check if there were any software updates available for it.
    I can recommend downloading the application and check if there are any updates for your unit.

Other things which I learned:

1/ The hard reset boot. Although this varies from unit to unit it is good to know how you can do this for your specific unit when you need to do this while on the road.
    2/ Routes/tracks with "0" distance in your unit. Although it is not clear how they end up in your unit in the first place it is one of the reasons while the unit becomes sluggish, or freezes. You should delete those "zero" routes and tracks when you see them.

Okay, so it is a pity I lost data I intended to contribute I am happy I learned a bit more about my unit and (hopefully) with this post other people as well.
    Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.[Shakespeare]
Working...
X