This is my first upload, be gentle tnx
    hahahaha

garmin 765
    Attached Files

Originally posted by jnieurzyla View Post
    hahahaha

garmin 765
    Upload in the appropriate thread. Thanks in advance.
    Gentle enough?
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

hahahaha

garmin 765
      hello sir john. don't worry. we are always gentle.
      but may i suggest that you read again the link below. after reading, you will know how to edit your contribution. and once you are ready to upload again, pls submit your contributions on their respective threads.

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

Comment

Well I was confused, and now even more, example, Where to up load, answer use the correct tracker>>>> no no link which tracker where,.
        Ok, use the New spread sheet, takes me back to the first page, it reads like a solicitors manual on government law hahahaha.
        I am not thick,but guys its not easy to understand for an over 60 year old trying to figure it all out.
        I have only lived here for 3 years, joined Rotary, therefore do a lot of driving between clubs and also to various venues, and you know the state of the road signs and maps, so I really want to get involved, and help develop the gps maps here, like what I used in Europe.
        But trying to follow instructons is like trying to stay on EDSA.
        Which is the correct tracker to submit waypoints? this is my first offering on the road to gaining the updated map.
        Don't be offended, but I am a straight talker, not a diplomat, so apologies to those who I can see have worked hard developing the site.
        John

Comment

Well I was confused, and now even more, example, Where to up load, answer use the correct tracker>>>> no no link which tracker where,.
          hello sir. submission of contributions is to be posted on THREADS and not TRACKS.

for threads on where to upload your conributions click link below (same place where you posted) but do not create a new thread.
          titles are self explanatory. under the titles are descriptions and guides. always read the first post on the first page to be guided accordingly.

http://roadguide.ph/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26

TRACKS pertains to recorded lines from your GPS representing the roads. once incorporated to the map, tracks become the roads.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you , I will get there, just need a bit of hand holding.

Comment

Thank you , I will get there, just need a bit of hand holding.
              try reading also our FAQ for newbies.
              see link below.
              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Thank you

I have read the faq page and its very good, but its some of the links, when clicked on - its like opening a tin of spaghetti, there is so much being said its very confusing.
                As a newbie who is not familiar with your web pages, terminology and system flow, it is so confusing, and looks complicated. I suspect that you would have more new members if your newbie section was more simplified, like your faq page, with the link pages kept simple as well. Like a flow chart, with basic info kept simple.
                I am trying slowly, very slowly to absorb and understand what information and guidance is being given, there is so much along with feed back from members suggestions etc, but its difficult to pick out the relevant pieces, I cannot see the wood for the trees??
                This is just my observation, and is not meant as criticism as this is your list, I hope you will not be offended by my comments, but I tend to say what I think, as you guess I am not a Filipino.
                Regards John

Comment

I have read the faq page and its very good, but its some of the links, when clicked on - its like opening a tin of spaghetti, there is so much being said its very confusing.
                  As a newbie who is not familiar with your web pages, terminology and system flow, it is so confusing, and looks complicated. I suspect that you would have more new members if your newbie section was more simplified, like your faq page, with the link pages kept simple as well. Like a flow chart, with basic info kept simple.
                  I am trying slowly, very slowly to absorb and understand what information and guidance is being given, there is so much along with feed back from members suggestions etc, but its difficult to pick out the relevant pieces, I cannot see the wood for the trees??
                  This is just my observation, and is not meant as criticism as this is your list, I hope you will not be offended by my comments, but I tend to say what I think, as you guess I am not a Filipino.
                  Regards John
                  Hi John,

Welcome to Roadguide.ph. Patience is the key. Study one topic until you are familiar with it. Don't rush things up. Don't go to another topic otherwise you will mix things up and don't hesitate to ask questions on subjects not clear to you. We know that you are new with GPS terminologies that's why you must study it systematically.

Good luck.
                  See FAQ for Newbies below
                  Click Here

Comment

Regards John

hi john,

first and foremost, welcome to roadguide

if you're from manila or will be in manila by march, we are planning to have an EB on the 13th of march.
                    drop by... it will boost your learning experience.
                    if not, then read the FAQ inside the HOW TO section by sir Reiji

thanks and good day sir
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

EB 13th March

Thank you, unfortunately I will be in Pili, Cam Sur for a Rotary conference that weekend. (one of the reasons I need GPS as I am driving).
                      But I accept I needs loads of information and guidance.
                      Hopefully next time we get to meet?
                      Thank you for being patient.
                      John

Comment

Working...
                      X