This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload your track contributions in this thread for version 1.04

Go on, share your tracks so you can get the better maps and they get even better thanks to your contribution

pls tracks only.
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Some Tracks and roads not in contributors and demo map in

mandaluyong-pililla rizal
    Attached Files

Comment

First of all, I'm not sure if the data is recorded correctly (kindly check), I have set my device to use "At GPS Location" under the Show Location option. The result is, the tracks recorded were somewhat a litttle to the left side of the intended roads.

1) I wanted to have Padre Burgos connect to the McArthur Bridge near Sta. Cruz. The track for that is quite long since I wanted to make sure the whole path was recorded. But the only segment that we really need is the missing piece of road between them.

2) I have added a small road called Muelle del Rio, parallel to the river, and also parallel to Magallanes Drive. It is going to help motorists who will come from the Sta. Cruz area to reach Intramuros faster, instead of going through Padre Burgos. Also, in this same .qdb file, I have marked this road as "one way" from the Magallanes Drive end to the Andres Soriano end, because if not, I have to wait for this road to appear on the new map before being able to mark them.

I have one question, how come I can see some weird partitions along the water body near McArthur Bridge? There seems to be a "hidden map" under our official map. I can see a piece of road floating on the water. If I hover my cursor over to that road, it says "Juan Luna str, Claro M Recto, Oroquieta". I'm wondering maybe this "overlap" is the reason why Padre Burgos and McArthur Bridge is currently not connected, not sure.

Enjoy!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by yaozer View Post
        I have one question, how come I can see some weird partitions along the water body near McArthur Bridge? There seems to be a "hidden map" under our official map. I can see a piece of road floating on the water. If I hover my cursor over to that road, it says "Juan Luna str, Claro M Recto, Oroquieta". I'm wondering maybe this "overlap" is the reason why Padre Burgos and McArthur Bridge is currently not connected, not sure.

Enjoy!
        I can confirm this with the 1.02 version. Thanks yaozer!

allan

Comment

Tracks Only.....?

I'm working on several tracks which I'll post soon, but to post solely the tracks I find to be of limited use? I'll post my tracks together with waypoints for explanatory purposes! I find this to be better for street updates, new streets and other changes/corrections etc. Jan, hope you'll agree?
          Cheers and Happy New Year to all of you out there!
          Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

First of all, I'm not sure if the data is recorded correctly (kindly check), I have set my device to use "At GPS Location" under the Show Location option. The result is, the tracks recorded were somewhat a litttle to the left side of the intended roads.

done correctly, can you increase the track sampling interval 1second is the preferred method, gives the best results

1) I wanted to have Padre Burgos connect to the McArthur Bridge near Sta. Cruz. The track for that is quite long since I wanted to make sure the whole path was recorded. But the only segment that we really need is the missing piece of road between them.
            roughly done in upcoming 1.03 will be per your track in 1.04

2) I have added a small road called Muelle del Rio, parallel to the river, and also parallel to Magallanes Drive. It is going to help motorists who will come from the Sta. Cruz area to reach Intramuros faster, instead of going through Padre Burgos. Also, in this same .qdb file, I have marked this road as "one way" from the Magallanes Drive end to the Andres Soriano end, because if not, I have to wait for this road to appear on the new map before being able to mark them.

cosmetic problem only. fixed in 1.03
            Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by jonatle View Post
              I'm working on several tracks which I'll post soon, but to post solely the tracks I find to be of limited use? I'll post my tracks together with waypoints for explanatory purposes! I find this to be better for street updates, new streets and other changes/corrections etc. Jan, hope you'll agree?
              Cheers and Happy New Year to all of you out there!
              fully agree. as long as you (or others) don't put hotels, restaurants together with the tracks, it keeps my life easy. explanatory waypoints are of course welcome as they make my life easier!!

tracks you think might improve the map are welcome as are the others (streets which are already there but that now have been sampled with a 1 second interval..)

HTH and happy new year to all

Comment

Track intervals!

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                fully agree. as long as you (or others) don't put hotels, restaurants together with the tracks, it keeps my life easy. explanatory waypoints are of course welcome as they make my life easier!!

tracks to you think might improve the map are welcome as are the others (streets which are already there but that now have been sampled with a 1 second interval..)

HTH and happy new year to all
                Thanks, I'll "weed" out such waypoints as you mention.

Regarding track intervals; on my Colorado 400" I've three (3) recording methode options; Distance, Time and Auto. 1sec as the most frequent time intervall and 0,01km (10mtrs) for the distance, and "Least often", "less often", "normal", "more often" and "most often" for the Auto recording methode.

Mine has mostly been on auto with intervall "most often".

I'm attaching one of this tracks (As recorded) here for your review. In the attached file you will find two tracks, the red one is northbound, with recording methode "Auto" and interval "Most Often", the southbound track (green) has however some portions from Angeles down to arround Balintawag I think with interval "Normal".

Could it however be that the auto function here, with inteval "Most Often" is just as good when moving, but you would'nt get a recorded point every second while at standstill?

Is it good enough or is it preferable to use the time option with 1sec. recording intervall?

Please have a look and advise?

PS! For the north bound track I would like you to revise Coastal Road and Aguinaldo Blvd as my Nuvi, with stick to road function, quite often swaping over to the southbound lane while driving northbound!
                Attached Files
                Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Originally posted by jonatle View Post
                  PS! For the north bound track I would like you to revise Coastal Road and Aguinaldo Blvd as my Nuvi, with stick to road function, quite often swaping over to the southbound lane while driving northbound!
                  that was a compiling error which has been fixed in the meantime. my fault.

1 second interval, stick to road off. record to sd card(if option exists).
                  that is the best configuration.
                  try for yourself, you will see the difference.

Comment

Corinthian Hills to Mega Mall Building B

Hi,

attached is a track from QC Corinthian Hills to Mega Mall Building B.
                    Navigation with a Garmin NĂ¼vi 205i and the basic map will suggest several wrong directions.

From Temple Drive going to Greenmeadows Ave there is no connection to E Abello (North) Street.

From Greenmeadows Ave you can not enter the gate in Firefly without ID.
                    Giraffe is a one way street, Temple Drive from corner Giraffe to Greanmeadows Ave also.

San Miguel Ave is called ADB Ave from corner San Miguel Ave/ Dona Julia Vargas up to Ortigas Avenue (Robinson Galleria).

see attached pictures ...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Donsol Sorsogon Paths

Hi Jan,

Here is my upload. The upload section is locked.File looks small but please update me if its okay. I put paths until Putiao on the main highway which is existing in the standard map.

I am interested to help you just have to teach me how including how to put POIs specially if I dont have a nuvi that can do tracks. for POI's is there a way for me to save my favorites in my NUVI and send to you. Want to add gas stations in bicol area and other stuff like restaurants. I am going to be in donsol often as I am building a resort for whaleshark watching.

I use a tomtom in the US and I gave it to my brother and bought a garmin after I saw that you guys have a free philippine map for garmin. That way I can use it in Phils as well.

Again I am really interested to help improve the map.
                      Attached Files

Comment

rryap:

Moved your post to the correct thread. I can't understand why you find the upload section "locked".

Anyway, please save your uploads in gdb file (makes Jan's life easier). As for POIs, use MapSource. Then download data from your Nuvi. Save as *.gdb and upload.

Thanks!

allan

Comment

great contribution, please next time delete the other points from your ge! thanks

kmz files are accepatable as well, just as gdb files. kmz to gdb is not newbie friendly....

Comment

Some street names in Baguio

Here are some streets in Baguio City.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Angus; 01-02-2009, 00:53.

Comment

various waypoints

I hope this helps.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X