This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload your 15°+ waypoints corrections here for version 1.14

15°+ includes all of North Luzon (as per mapsource division)

Please upload here CORRECTIONS for 15°+ WAYPOINTS ONLY. Corrections for tracks and routes are to be uploaded on a separate thread.

Wrong position of waypoints: please make a file "delete" or similarly named with the point to be deleted and upload it here. Start name of waypoint with "Delete" word (Delete Jollibee, Delete BDO, etc). Then upload the correct position to the waypoints thread in a DIFFERENT file. We realize this is more work for you but it will lead to a better map.

Renaming of waypoints and replacement of icons: please ensure that the words "Rename to" and "Replace icon" starts the name of the waypoint. (Ex. Rename to Max's Restaurant, Replace icon of Jollibee).

For adding info like addresses or phone numbers. Create a delete file for the existing POI, submit it in this thread, and create a new waypoint with the correct address and/or phone number and submit it at waypoint thread.

Please put all your explanation in the comment field (wrong location, closed already, not existing, etc). We do not check the text while integrating the data, we only check the attachments... If it's not in the attachment, we don't get to see it.

Please verify your corrections against demo map 1.13
    Last edited by doki; 04-18-2010, 19:16.

Baguio waypoint corrections

Baguio waypoint corrections
    Attached Files

Comment

Icon for Gov't agencies

Hello Pokz.
      On my recently submitted waypoint contributions there are a few government agency offices that I added and I just used the regular black square icon. Is it possible for you to replace the icon with the std ones (w/ Phil flag) that is used on the map when adding those? I do not know where to get those custom icons. Do you have a procedure to copy existing icons on the map that can be shared? TIA.
      Originally posted by Lonestar
      Two files of about 50+ waypoints for update and separate file for all waypoints for deletion. Pls check and advise if waypoints submission is align to the std guidelines. Thks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
        Hello Pokz.
        On my recently submitted waypoint contributions there are a few government agency offices that I added and I just used the regular black square icon. Is it possible for you to replace the icon with the std ones (w/ Phil flag) that is used on the map when adding those? I do not know where to get those custom icons. Do you have a procedure to copy existing icons on the map that can be shared? TIA.
        hi lonestar. if i may answer your question. the phil flag icon will be automatic once typ file is installed. the typ file will be available for you once you become contributor.
        just use a civil icon for contributing and make sure you type the correct name and an additional info on comment field and we will do the rest.

Comment

here's my first waypoints (POI) contribution.

feel free to let me know if i miss out anything. just a noob.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Pokz.
            Pls disregard previous waypoint submissions and use these 3 files instead.These comply more to the preferred and recommended waypoint submission format. Pls review and let me know if I still missed anything.

Doki, thanks on yr input re info on the icons.

Originally posted by Lonestar
            Two files of about 50+ waypoints for update and separate file for all waypoints for deletion. Pls check and advise if waypoints submission is align to the std guidelines. Thks.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
              Hello Pokz.
              Pls disregard previous waypoint submissions and use these 3 files instead.These comply more to the preferred and recommended waypoint submission format. Pls review and let me know if I still missed anything.

Doki, thanks on yr input re info on the icons.
              hi lonestar,
              pls allow me again to guide you on your contributions.
              here are some points:

1. new waypoints and correct waypoints (to replace the incorrect waypoints) should be submitted at Waypoints thread. those waypoints who are for icon replacement, renaming, distance correction, or deletion is submitted here (as you've already done).

2. the church icons are already properly categorized. they show only as small blue square in mapsource, but pls do try to browse it on your gps device as you will see that it is already a church icon. here's a way to check it on mapsource, right-click the icon and select "feature properties". churches are categorized as "place of worship". this is the same for other icons also. this is also typ-dependent. if you want to see the church icon on the mapsource, then use kuya rally ralleon's typ file HERE. kuya rally's typ is very useful for units with small screens (i use it for my omnia and i use kuya hbt's typ or kuya suntzu's typ for my nuvi). maybe kuya suntzu or kuya hbt can also include the church icon on their next typ file version.

3. nicely done on putting a correct word on comment field. but upload the correct waypoints at Waypoints thread.
              note: although on the waypoint properties, pls do select the display to reflect "symbol and name" and not "symbol and comment".

4. nicely done on distances.

5. on your parking waypoint, pls do indicate at comment field if the waypoint is marked at parking entrance.

6. you can also remove the "dots" after the "@" sign. Read Section D.4 on waypoint standards.

7. lastly, pls separate the tracks from the waypoints and upload your tracks at tracks thread. the tracks included in the waypoint file will only serve as reference for waypoints marked at areas where there is no road yet on the map.

thanks sir.
              Last edited by doki; 04-25-2010, 18:16.

Comment

Originally posted by wizowsky View Post
                here's my first waypoints (POI) contribution.

feel free to let me know if i miss out anything. just a noob.
                Basic things to remember with the waypoints. Record them where their entrances are located and move them 8-10m from the road centerline.

Comment

First waypoint contribution. comments are highly appreciated. Thanks!
                  Attached Files
                  :thumb:Miss, umutot ka ba?
                  'Cause you took my breath away:cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by philaris28 View Post
                    First waypoint contribution. comments are highly appreciated. Thanks!
                    hi sir,

please read this: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2209

your distance are incorrect

for other info, read this: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

oh btw, this thread is for waypoint correction, upload your new waypoint at the waypoint upload thread
                    thanks and God Bless
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

shoot! double wammy! ok sir ill edit it again. only wrong thing i did is distance right?

Comment

shoot! double wammy! ok sir ill edit it again. only wrong thing i did is distance right?
                        actually triple whammy

3 things
                        1. distance (and if you can put the street address, would be better)
                        2. upload this at the new waypoint thread
                        3. since your waypoint is located at 14°, upload your waypoint at the 15°- waypoint thread
                        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                        - Bruce Lee

Comment

dowwwp! How about waypoints at corners. Do i need to position it 25 to 30 ft on all sides facing the road? am getting dizzy....

Comment

dowwwp! How about waypoints at corners. Do i need to position it 25 to 30 ft on all sides facing the road? am getting dizzy....
                            for corner waypoints read this:http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....4&postcount=13
                            again sir, please read the waypoint standard
                            - Bruce Lee

Comment

hi sir. for placement of waypoints along a street corner. pls read THIS
                              pls do indicate also at comment field that you have placed bias on waypoint placement and which side has access (in case there is one), so that we can verify correct placement and wont adjust it.

Comment

Working...
                              X