This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mausolis View Post
    here's the correct tracks from Davao penal colony going to our town in Sto. Tomas, there's supposed to be a minor curve crossing the 1st bridge going north.. its a straight line in the existing map.. its the one with the bridge waypoint... i just placed the bridge waypoint to emphasize where the curve is...
    hi sir,

this should be uploaded on the track correction thread
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
      hi sir,

this should be uploaded on the track correction thread
      ok thank you sir... uploaded at the correct thread already...

Comment

Agdao Flyover

Sir Pokz,

Three files for this post:

1. How do we specify that the track is a flyover? When I passed by Agdao Flyover, the GPSR directed me to turn right to Lapu-lapu. This might be confusing for tourists who are not familiar with the place.

Anyway, I am submitting a 1-sec track of the flyover track (I hope this is done correctly)

2. Rosalina-Batalla shortcut, this time using Nuvi 200 1-sec track.

There are a few concerns, though:

A. I circled one block to verify the map. but the subdivision map doesn't seem to coincide with the actual track.

B. I included the "Bridge" waypoint for reference only (BTW, it is not in the right place either)

3. Road to Panabo Mariculture

Sorry for the length of the message; each file has its own story (hehe)
        Attached Files

Comment

Polangui, Albay Tracks

Tracks for Polangui not recorded in 1st interval
          Attached Files

Comment

Add new tracks

Cebu, not one specific area.
            Attached Files
            Experiencia Docet

Comment

Originally posted by joshuap View Post
              Sir Pokz,

Three files for this post:

1. How do we specify that the track is a flyover? When I passed by Agdao Flyover, the GPSR directed me to turn right to Lapu-lapu. This might be confusing for tourists who are not familiar with the place.

Anyway, I am submitting a 1-sec track of the flyover track (I hope this is done correctly)
              your 1-sec track is nice.
              how to specify flyover? just put 2 waypoints to specify extent: (1) start of flyover, (2) end of flyover.
              if your track specifies entire length of flyover then just put a waypoint explaining it. you can also specify track name as "Agdao Flyover" so it will have a name in map.

2. Rosalina-Batalla shortcut, this time using Nuvi 200 1-sec track.

There are a few concerns, though:

A. I circled one block to verify the map. but the subdivision map doesn't seem to coincide with the actual track.

B. I included the "Bridge" waypoint for reference only (BTW, it is not in the right place either)
              its alright. your 1-sec tracks will correct it.
              pls upload correction for bridge in waypoint correction thread.

3. Road to Panabo Mariculture
              nice tracks.
              pls specify if pave/unpave road though.
              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

heres a 1sec track i recorded just awhile ago... finally got my unit to record 1sec tracks..
                Ayos, it would be good if you can save at in gdb file instead of gpx file to save valuable space, its only 7kb as compared to 37kb. nevertheless it's ok more tracks to come.
                Last edited by jspalaroan; 05-24-2010, 21:59. Reason: wrong figure

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
                  Ayos, it would be good if you can save at in gdb file instead of gpx file to save valuable space, its only 7kb as compared to 37kb. nevertheless it's ok more tracks to come.
                  i use wnutrak to convert the tracks? i think it only converts the file to gpx not gdb...

Comment

i use wnutrak to convert the tracks? i think it only converts the file to gpx not gdb...

open via mapsource then save as .gdb, but gpx is okay.

jspalaroan is just informing you that gpx is bigger file thats all hehehe
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Cabantian to Bunawan Diversion Road

heres the track again in gdb file... hope this gets included in the next version..
                      Attached Files

Comment

Sto Tomas Tracks II

more tracks
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                          your 1-sec track is nice.
                          how to specify flyover? just put 2 waypoints to specify extent: (1) start of flyover, (2) end of flyover.
                          if your track specifies entire length of flyover then just put a waypoint explaining it. you can also specify track name as "Agdao Flyover" so it will have a name in map.

its alright. your 1-sec tracks will correct it.
                          pls upload correction for bridge in waypoint correction thread.

nice tracks.
                          pls specify if pave/unpave road though.

Boss Reiji,

Thank you very much for your reply; very enlightening. Thanks too for the appreciation

1. Agdao Flyover
                          a. Yes, I will mark the extents when I get back to Davao
                          b. I will also include the routing instructions because the original roads have actually become "left or right turn only" after the flyover was erected.

2. Bridge - yes, I will upload the correction

3. Panabo Mariculture - Unpaved road (sorry; it slipped off my mind )
                          Last edited by joshuap; 05-25-2010, 22:58. Reason: readability of indented a. and b.

Comment

Malaybalay Streets

Sir Pokz/ Boss Reiji,

My first time to upload streets with names (unlike my first uploads which were mainly tracks)

Concerns:

1. I hope I am doing the right thing. Pls. advise as to the proper way of submitting. (Can't find the RG standards anywhere)

2. There are so many other streets (about 20), but I submitted only a few to verify adherence to standards (sayang naman yung marami pero mali pala lahat hehehe)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Lilingayon Missing Tracks

Sir Pokz,

Once again, I'm in Bukidnon. I already submitted these missing tracks in Lilingayon before, but using eTrex then.

Now that I already have a Nuvi, this is to resend the tracks, this time using the 1-sec recording.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by joshuap; 05-26-2010, 00:49. Reason: forgot the attachment :)

Comment

Sir Pokz/ Boss Reiji,

My first time to upload streets with names (unlike my first uploads which were mainly tracks)

Concerns:

1. I hope I am doing the right thing. Pls. advise as to the proper way of submitting. (Can't find the RG standards anywhere)

2. There are so many other streets (about 20), but I submitted only a few to verify adherence to standards (sayang naman yung marami pero mali pala lahat hehehe)
                                Track standard is here: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=992

Your names look good, right by the standard.

Not really necessary to label the corners. As long as the tracks touch, the corners will be defined properly.
                                Experiencia Docet

Comment

Working...
                                X