This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maladjust View Post
    Hello. This is my first routing info and street name spelling corrections upload. Hope they are acceptable. Thank you.
    these are ok.

but one tip when specifying one-way roads, its better to use route tool, point on origin of one-way as origin of route then point to end as end of one-way.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by jonatle View Post
      Map Masters, please check out EDSA Guadelupe bridge, when routing northbound here a few weeks ago, my gps lost track and went all over the place until up the hill on the other side, where it got back on track?

In mapsource all appears normal? TIA
      Originally posted by elkabong View Post
      sometimes large map offset can affect gps tracking, 1-sec track log should be taken in this area
      current edsa is fr 1-sec track.
      my guess is satellite signal due to mrt, billboards, and some tall bldgs also nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
        these are ok.

but one tip when specifying one-way roads, its better to use route tool, point on origin of one-way as origin of route then point to end as end of one-way.
        Ok I'll do that on my next upload. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

please correct as per attached
          Attached Files

Comment

hi mfb.
            does it utilize current uturn in the map? or it has a separate uturn lane.
            and your track seems to go back to existing edsa road, is it ok or it also has a separate lane at middle of edsa?

and i think santolan flyover has a similar road going under it at middle of edsa.
            can you pls confirm. tia.
            From Edsa northbound, you see the track move left when I get to Sm savemore. Thats where the access road starts which is under the flyover. Flyover is actually shown to be farther off when its supposed to be where I turned left. You see me going back to Edsa as the middle lane under the flyover stops and you are forced to turn back to the right lane but still under the flyover. As expected, I do drift a bit even with the ar-50 as signal is already blocked by the flover and reading is only around +/- 5 to 6 meters. I eventually make a uturn and thats an existing one. The u turn slot is shown to be further up front than where its supposed to be.

As for santolan flyover, its not similar to the edsa kamias flyover. It only goes to the side and either allows you to make a uturn opposite of edsa or allow you to go straight or turn right (north bound) and vise versa for southbound. Both ways do not allow a left turn to boni serrano ave coming from edsa. (no left to b serrano from nb edsa, no left to b serrano from sb edsa)
            Last edited by MFB; 05-20-2010, 10:21.

Comment

Bacolod City

No left turns and One way streets.
              Attached Files

Comment

sagay city

new road name
                Attached Files

Comment

Jan,

Street name corrections in Makati.
                  Attached Files

Comment

routing corrections that i recently noticed while "toying" with my GPSr. it kept telling me in one of my routes to turn left and down to a ravine.

included routes(calculated by mapsource) and waypoints are for reference only.
                    Attached Files
                    got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

this is nice. pls continue submitting similar data. we could use this to correct offsets in our map.

btw, what do you mean with roadcut?
                      there's a dead end on the road. :-)

excellent, i'm going to keep collecting a whole BUNCH of data. i hope you don't mind that i don't mark down street names for existing roads. i'll continue to do so for non-existing ones tho.

edit: i might start forcing myself to stay on just one lane of the road per data capture to make these tracks more consistent. dunno if there's a lot of value to doing that though...
                      Last edited by chris2x; 05-20-2010, 17:59.

Comment

Streets at Northview1 Subdivision

Streets at Northview1 Subdivision

Moonstone Street

Road cut due to subdivision wall - This separates stockholm and moonstone

Road2 cut due to subdivision wall - this separates nothview1 top adjoining subdivision

Road3 cut due to subdivision wall - Northview2 wall
                        Attached Files

Comment

Edited 1-sec track log Calamba by-pass area
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chris2x View Post
                            there's a dead end on the road. :-)
                            for dead-ends no need to provide roadcut.
                            roadcut are for those continuous roads where gate was provided and public access is restricted. best example are subdivision gates.

excellent, i'm going to keep collecting a whole BUNCH of data. i hope you don't mind that i don't mark down street names for existing roads. i'll continue to do so for non-existing ones tho.
                            nice.

edit: i might start forcing myself to stay on just one lane of the road per data capture to make these tracks more consistent. dunno if there's a lot of value to doing that though...
                            if you can stay on one lane thats better. but not necessary in all cases, staying on one lane will give you minimal offset which is negligible.

Comment

Originally posted by litolopez View Post
                              No left turns and One way streets.
                              nice.
                              but try route tool next time to indicate these corrections, much easier and clearer.
                              also pls combined your contrib in one file, save server space and processing time. tia.

Comment

nice.
                                but pls try to delete those straight nonexistent tracks.
                                only 1-sec tracks should remain to facilitate processing.
                                tia.
                                file updated and resubmitting.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X