Waypoints hiccup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waypoints hiccup

As you might have noticed, majority of our waypoints were adjusted to 8 meters from road center. This was done by utilizing a special program.

The program works by moving any waypoint that is 50 meters or less away from the road to within 8 meters. However, it cannot distinguish if the waypoint was uploaded with missing tracks or not, and so they were also moved by the program if they were located below 50 meters from the nearest existing road.

With this regard, may I ask those who contributed waypoints whose tracks are not yet in the map to review the 1.13c map and compare their files with it. I'm afraid you might have to make a correction for those misplaced waypoints.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, but we consider this as a temporary setback in our aim to make our map better.

Please also observe any other issues that we might have missed with the adjustments and feel free to give feedback to mods. Thank you very much.

dunno if this was the affect of the "automation" too, but notice that PGLU Parking Area was moved. Refer to attached .jpg files. there are also other POIs affected.
    Attached Files
    ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

hmmmm... a few of my submitted waypoints where affected by this. since i have submitted tracks for these waypoints and are currently not yet implemented in the map, would it be better for me to wait for the tracks to be incorporated before submitting the waypoint corrections?

with regards to the "automated" waypoint adjustment. imo, i think it's better to go back to the old data since i'm pretty sure that a lot of waypoints where incorrectly moved. given that most of the contributors might not remember all of their waypoint contributions or be able to double check these waypoints and others who have contributed might not even be active anymore, this would mean that some of these waypoints will have wrong locations.

for me, i'd prefer the "old" map w/ some of its waypoints a little bit far off the road rather than a "new" one with incorrectly placed waypoints.
      got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

yeah, either everybody stop using 113c and just reference 113b or recompile a 113 rev c1 without the automation then just disregard 113 rev C.
        ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

What is this new automated program used?

Is it possible to have 2 separate updates for our maps? One will be for routing, tracks and polygons. Other will be specifically for POIs. So if there's a problem with one, the other portions of the map will still get continued work and be released. Patches can be released as well to keep up with the everchanging revisions in one way and uturn slots implemented in the metro.

I agree with just using pre c map. Run the automated program once everything is clean so no need to do extra work.
          Last edited by MFB; 05-20-2010, 10:27.

Comment

Originally posted by legtu View Post
            hmmmm... a few of my submitted waypoints where affected by this. since i have submitted tracks for these waypoints and are currently not yet implemented in the map, would it be better for me to wait for the tracks to be incorporated before submitting the waypoint corrections?

with regards to the "automated" waypoint adjustment. imo, i think it's better to go back to the old data since i'm pretty sure that a lot of waypoints where incorrectly moved. given that most of the contributors might not remember all of their waypoint contributions or be able to double check these waypoints and others who have contributed might not even be active anymore, this would mean that some of these waypoints will have wrong locations.

for me, i'd prefer the "old" map w/ some of its waypoints a little bit far off the road rather than a "new" one with incorrectly placed waypoints.
            you have a point but either way, waypoint location is technically not correct.
            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
              you have a point but either way, waypoint location is technically not correct.
              yup but given that some of the waypoints are already just in their approximate locations before the adjustment, with the updated map, some might have been moved further away pa.

i don't know what the goal was for using the "special program" but if one of them is for a more uniform looking map, i'd prefer the somewat more "accurate" map than a "good-looking" one.

but that's just me.
              got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

we do appreciate the comments with the new map. please keep them coming.

mods and mappers are not callous to how these changes might affect us all, and we are open to bringing back to the old format if members are not happy with it.

this is after all the process (listening to users) that we embraced to make our map the best so far. should be no problem with us.

Comment

Working...
                X