X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 sec track for calibration.
    Attached Files

Comment

Please explain what the 1-sec track calibration is for and what needs to be contributed?

Comment

one second track is your one second track against the track in your map that is not aligned.

Comment

Originally posted by jaegersing View Post
          1 sec track for calibration.
          not 1 sec. track

Originally posted by Walter View Post
          Please explain what the 1-sec track calibration is for and what needs to be contributed?

allignment of offset
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
            not 1 sec. track
            Hi hbt. I am sorry if I have made a mistake somewhere. I am new to all of this and still trying to learn.

I was pretty sure I enabled the 1 sec recording on my Nuvi 265W for the 2 tracks I uploaded recently. The STOP button was displayed for the entire journey (after I started the recording). Is there a way to tell using Mapsource whether the track has 1 sec data capture or not? From what I see, some of the track segments show as 1 sec duration, although most are longer than 1 sec.

Or do I need to specifically set 1 sec sample interval before starting the recording? I haven't found any way to change that.

Appreciate your help so that I can improve my contributions to the map.

Comment

Hi hbt. I am sorry if I have made a mistake somewhere. I am new to all of this and still trying to learn.

I was pretty sure I enabled the 1 sec recording on my Nuvi 265W for the 2 tracks I uploaded recently. The STOP button was displayed for the entire journey (after I started the recording). Is there a way to tell using Mapsource whether the track has 1 sec data capture or not? From what I see, some of the track segments show as 1 sec duration, although most are longer than 1 sec.

Or do I need to specifically set 1 sec sample interval before starting the recording? I haven't found any way to change that.

Appreciate your help so that I can improve my contributions to the map.

dont apologize. you have not in any way offended me

plug you nuvi on your cpu. open the garmin drive. you will see a logs inside the garmin folder. open it and you'll see folders with numbers. use wnutrak to extract those 1 sec. track recording (aka easter egg). open it with mapsource.

read this http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=384&page=2

HTH
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

Comment

easter egg
                (ugly, i know....maybe the speed of my car have something to do with it?)
                Attached Files
                Last edited by hbt; 03-16-2011, 09:35.
                - Bruce Lee

Comment

Hi hbt, thanks for your reply.

Just to clarify, when I recorded those tracks, I already used the easter eggs on the Where Am I screen to access the Recording function. That's why I thought the tracks should be 1 sec sample rate, unless I need to set the sample rate somewhere else on the 265W.

Now I havedownloaded WnuTrak V018, converted the 2 track files (I uploaded 2 track files in the past week but I am not sure which one you say is not 1 sec track), and then opened them in Mapsource. But I still don't know how to positively identify if they are 1 sec tracks or not. From what I see, they do appear to update at 1 sec intervals but I don't really understand what I am looking at so I could be wrong. I have attached the 2 gpx files so if you could please take a look I would appreciate it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi hbt, thanks for your reply.

Just to clarify, when I recorded those tracks, I already used the easter eggs on the Where Am I screen to access the Recording function. That's why I thought the tracks should be 1 sec sample rate, unless I need to set the sample rate somewhere else on the 265W.

Now I havedownloaded WnuTrak V018, converted the 2 track files (I uploaded 2 track files in the past week but I am not sure which one you say is not 1 sec track), and then opened them in Mapsource. But I still don't know how to positively identify if they are 1 sec tracks or not. From what I see, they do appear to update at 1 sec intervals but I don't really understand what I am looking at so I could be wrong. I have attached the 2 gpx files so if you could please take a look I would appreciate it.

these are the easter eggs click properties of your track and look at the leg time. it should be running 1 sec. consistently
                    but... i notice on the initial part of both of your recording that theres some 2 sec., maybe its the units fault. nevertheless, these are good.

oh BTW, the track you uploaded before are just the ordinary nuvi track
                    - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                      these are the easter eggs click properties of your track and look at the leg time. it should be running 1 sec. consistently
                      but... i notice on the initial part of both of your recording that theres some 2 sec., maybe its the units fault. nevertheless, these are good.

oh BTW, the track you uploaded before are just the ordinary nuvi track
                      OK thanks. Yes I didn't realise that when I recorded via the easter egg that it would create 2 tracks, so I uploaded the track that I knew about. Now at least I know what to do next time.

Comment

1 sec tracks for calibration. Hope I got it right this time.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Tabang to St Agatha Resort 1 sec track. Note:see waypoints submitted with reference to this tracks.

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...1677#post51677
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here's today's contribution. 1s track to BluRoze Farm Resort. Route is via SLEX, STAR Toll, Lipa City and then BluRoze. I also took 1s track on the way home. Hope this is good for calibration.
                            Attached Files

Comment

1 sec tracks for calibration.
                              Attached Files

Comment

for calibration
                                Attached Files
                                - Bruce Lee

Comment

Working...
                                X