Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Track upload test

Hi,

Here's a test. If I did something wrong, please let me know so I can improve as time goes bye.

This is a track/route to Alabang Hills/Hillsborough/Alabang 400 area via SLEX, using the new South Station exit.

Basically, you exit South Station Alabang, do some maneuvers and end up back on the West Service Road heading North.

This is a good alternative if Sucat is traffic or there are repairs going on in the West Service Road going South.

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Cypress View Post
    Hi,

Here's a test. If I did something wrong, please let me know so I can improve as time goes bye.

This is a track/route to Alabang Hills/Hillsborough/Alabang 400 area via SLEX, using the new South Station exit.

Basically, you exit South Station Alabang, do some maneuvers and end up back on the West Service Road heading North.

This is a good alternative if Sucat is traffic or there are repairs going on in the West Service Road going South.

Thank you.
    here are your comments:

1. these are ordinary nuvi track. As much as possible, we need easter egg track. heres how: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=384&page=2

2. before uploading, please remove those maptiles. it will only make the file big

HTH and God Bless
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

I actually did the Easter Egg method for this. Recorded and then stopped.

Which bring me to my next question... Why is my daily activity being recorded even if I did not enable the Easter Egg?

For this instance, I only did the Easter Egg setup, one time. Then on my PC, it says I have 10 tracks?

How can I differentiate?

Also, what are maptiles?

Thank you!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Which bring me to my next question... Why is my daily activity being recorded even if I did not enable the Easter Egg?

For this instance, I only did the Easter Egg setup, one time. Then on my PC, it says I have 10 tracks?

How can I differentiate?

Also, what are maptiles?

Thank you!
        somehwere in setup or options or whatever you shuld have a setting "tracklog" switch it off and you wont be recorded any longer
        How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

How can I differentiate?

Also, what are maptiles?

Thank you!
          nuvis can record 2 kinds of tracks:
          1. tracks from trip log - this is std tracks non-1-sec, it has no on/off switch once you use your unit with satellite lock it will record your trip log (sounds dangerous to wifey huh?)
          2. easter egg tracks - this is 1sec tracks which can be turned on/off, and can be extracted using 3rd party software on some models, some records it directly as gpx.
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

OK, copy.

So where can I find the recorded Easter Egg tracks that I have made?

And what are maptiles?

Regards.

Comment

OK, copy.

So where can I find the recorded Easter Egg tracks that I have made?

And what are maptiles?

Regards.
              in your case, you can find the tracks folder inside the log folder of your nuvi. convert them with the use of nutrak. (please read the link i posted to further understand)

when you transfer the 1.07 to your device, you have the option of selecting which part of the country you want to transfer to your device. those are maptile. you can see it on the left side of your mapsource under maps.
              if youre trying to upload tracks and waypoint to contribute, remove them as they are not needed.
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

I see. Great! Thanks. I'm on this

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                X