X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

processed files guidance v2

How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

just need to change "Ave." into "Ave", hopefully to make TTS work properly

TTS pronunces "Ave." as "ah-veh"

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kinyo View Post
      just need to change "Ave." into "Ave", hopefully to make TTS work properly

TTS pronunces "Ave." as "ah-veh"

Should be "Ave."...i used american english tts and its pronounced as "avenue".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelsj View Post
        [ATTACH]21559[/ATTACH]

Hi,

I'm a newbie, feel free to comment on my contribution.

Thank you! More power!
        kindly remove mapset(pink color) before uploading.
        wrong thread to upload, should be at the tracks correction thread

good day and God Bless
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Correcting voice for magallenes and edsa

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
            dont understand the bear right on underpass.

"take center lane" - impossible

what you mean with the last one? magalanes bear left?

tia / sorry for the inconvenience
            Good morning
            When coming to the EDSA flyovers at magallenes, the voice should say bear right and take centre lane, (or you continue over SLEX your stuck on EDSA),
            then once on the flyover it should then say bear left, otherwise you continue north into Makati.
            I have attached the route and you can see how its not s straight line but many lane changes.
            John
            Attached Files

Comment

best friend jan,

please check this.

it should say bear right or something but didnt
              Attached Files
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                best friend jan,

please check this.

it should say bear right or something but didnt
                will adjust
                How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Hypothetical cases. Been searching the threads but can't seem to find the answers to these:

1. Let's say a street named Mango reaches a fork and the voice prompt says "Turn right on Mango" instead of "Bear right..." I should indicate this on the waypoint. For its vice-versa route, the prompt says "Turn left on Mango" instead of "Bear left..." How is this indicated on the waypoint? Separate waypoint file? How should it be labeled?

2. In some areas, street names change as you cross from village to village, thanks to courtesy stickers or to enterprising homeowners associations that charge fees for crossings. So if Mango becomes Rizal then becomes Diamond, how is this indicated on the waypoint? What's the correct guidance terminology and how do you label the reverse direction?

Thanks very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Amphib1 View Post
                    Hypothetical cases. Been searching the threads but can't seem to find the answers to these:

1. Let's say a street named Mango reaches a fork and the voice prompt says "Turn right on Mango" instead of "Bear right..." I should indicate this on the waypoint. For its vice-versa route, the prompt says "Turn left on Mango" instead of "Bear left..." How is this indicated on the waypoint? Separate waypoint file? How should it be labeled?
                    just put a waypoint near the fork and explain what you want. make sure it can be understood clearly so mapper can adjust.
                    but, take note:
                    a. if street has same name and it forks, no voice prompt. voice prompt only when street changes name after fork.
                    b. turn or bear is dictated by angle of fork, for me it doesnt matter if turn or bear as long as theres a voice prompt to guide.

Originally posted by Amphib1 View Post
                    2. In some areas, street names change as you cross from village to village, thanks to courtesy stickers or to enterprising homeowners associations that charge fees for crossings. So if Mango becomes Rizal then becomes Diamond, how is this indicated on the waypoint? What's the correct guidance terminology and how do you label the reverse direction?

Thanks very much.
                    put waypoint "start of rizal" and another waypoint "end of rizal" to indicate start and end, then do it on the next street, "start of diamond" and "end of diamond".
                    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Jan,

Voice guidance should be make a u turn instead of turn left.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X