X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Processed files 1-sec tracks v2

How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

GPS Tracks from my WBT-201 on our 'Green Trail Ride #8'

Some of the Tracks not on the current Contributors Map V1.25

However a friend of mine Brett Gifford (govoner), already submitted these for consideration to become a Contributor.

These GPS Tracks of mine, should hopefully confirm/consolidate those of govoner
    Attached Files
    Last edited by The Judge; 06-13-2011, 14:30. Reason: removed pm contents

Comment

Originally posted by Britster View Post
      GPS Tracks from my WBT-201 on our 'Green Trail Ride #8'

Some of the Tracks not on the current Contributors Map V1.25

These GPS Tracks of mine, should hopefully confirm/consolidate those of govoner
      favour: in the future kindly convert your gpx files into gdb files, this will drastically reduce file size and be better for those of us (read:me) with slow provincial internet! (only when small sizes <100kb you can leave them in gpx. thanks in advance)

Comment

Submissions to '1 Sec Tracks' preferred in .gdb format

Originally posted by Jan View Post
        favour: in the future kindly convert your gpx files into gdb files, this will drastically reduce file size and be better for those of us (read:me) with slow provincial internet! (only when small sizes <100kb you can leave them in gpx. thanks in advance)
        Sorry Jan,

Still learning about the RoadGuide.ph 'requirements' and about Garmin and MapSource.

Much more Familiar with Google MapMaker and increasingly OpenStreetMap ie using .kml/.kmz and .gpx and get to edit/create the maps myself. Got given a 'Certificate' declaring I am a 'Distinquished Map Maker' and Google 'MapMyWorld' T-Shirt! Would have preferred getting 'paid' for my efforts however! Cost me Php40 in Customs charges!

I did not read about such 'preference' in the 'Intro' or would have complied, had I known, sorry.
        Please upload your tracks for calibration here.

Tracks should have 1-sec interval in order to be valid.

Tracks that are not in map yet are considered as new tracks and should be uploaded in tracks thread.

Take note that these calibration tracks might not be processed immediately as we are giving way to more critical uploads.

Again, waypoints that are uploaded here will most likely not be incorporated in next mapversion, upload them at the waypoint threads. any waypoints in these files will be considered explanatory to tracks and further on ignored.

Please use the correct thread for the correct contribution...

I can/will in future, convert to .gdb for Submissions to '1-sec tracks for calibration'

Comment

It's not a requirement, it just makes everyone's life easier. You spend less time uploading, we spend less time downloading...

Comment

Skyway South station - Makati_1sec tracks

Attached
            Attached Files
            Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Green Trail Ride #9

See my WBT-201 GPS Track Log into Sports Tracker application and uploaded to their website Blog/ GPS Log:-
              GTR#9 - Part I : http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/work...c0f55ttu9tk5kk

GTR#9 - Part II : http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/work...vbn4slsoml6cq8

I have added the other Sections - shown in Open Street Map and Open Cycle Map (10m contours)
              1. Managa River Ride: Tabonok-Toledo Wharf Rd- Campo4-Padaor-Bonbon
              2. Bonbon-Sudilon2-AtlasMines
              3. AtlasMines-Sitio - Luong/Barangay Luay - Toledo Wharf - Tabunok Rd.
              4. Toledo Wharf - Tabunok Rd - Magahaway.

See also http://www.everytrail.com/fullscreen...fca841f170d22e

Have attached GTR#9.gdb (72.3KB)

If this is sufficient fine.

I am just confused/ignorant as to how that GTR#9.gdb contains all the 1 second Track Point Detail in 72.3KB, as 4 Sections (Total 687.5KB) that created that 'composite' .gdb?
              1. Tabonok-ToledoWharfRd-Campo4-Padaor-Bonbon.gpx 224 KB (229,539 bytes)
              2. Bonbon-Sudilon2-AtlasMines.gpx 207 KB (212,686 bytes)
              3. AtlasMines-SitiLuon-BarangayLuay-ToledoTabunokRd.gpx 78.5 KB (80,467 bytes)
              4. ToledoWharf-TabunokRd-Magahaway.gpx 178 KB (183,207 bytes)

So Jan, if you are happy with just the attached GTR#9.gdb (72.3 KB), I am happy to send that, than the 4 x 'Section' Files that together total 687.5KB.

Where can I read up on .gdb File structure that explains how this is achieved?

I do know that viewed in MapSource, I don't see a nice line, tracing the GPS Track log, but instead a series of 'crude' dots that are NOT spaced @ 1 second intervals. Is that how they cut down on the File size?

Sorry this is probably NOT the right area for Discussion about Uploads. Please direct me to where such Discussion should take place - 'The Pub'?

David Whittall (Britster)
              Distinguished Map Maker with Google,
              'Ignorant' Contributor with RoadGuide.ph
              Attached Files

Comment

gdb is a compressed file. garmin proprietary fromat.
                yes that file will do just fine. it has the same info as the 687 kb file.
                Last edited by Jan; 06-03-2011, 23:47.

Comment

Hills of Miglanilla and Naga

I received my Garmin Nuvi 255, a couple days ago so wanted to try it out and Govonor, came with me, using his Garmin 60cSX

Wanted to check out that Industrial Complex New Cebu Township One Special Ecozone, Barangay Cantao-an, Naga, (that I added to Google Map Maker via Satellite Trace, quite some time ago).. Kyocera seems to be in use, but the SEAGATE factory does not!

Kyocera Kinseki manufactures a range of high-quality, highly reliable quartz crystal devices and quartz crystal application products for use in electronic equipment.

Hope I get an Unlock Code for this Nuvi 255 as the Dirt Roads in this area not on the basic RoadGuide Map, which makes it difficult knowing where the intersections are!

I was searching to see if there was way through to the end of the 'Unpaved road that ends @
                  N10 15.360 E123 44.608
                  See http://www.everytrail.com/fullscreen...68c51abc5cc514

Compare with my Sports Tracker Upload that used my Wintec WBT-201 (still on 1Hz logging as not tried that 'mod' to get it to work 4Hz logging, with NMEA over 'Bluetooth')
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Britster; 06-10-2011, 23:24.

Comment

Hope I get an Unlock Code for this Nuvi 255 as the Dirt Roads in this area not on the basic RoadGuide Map, which makes it difficult knowing where the intersections are!
                    kindly compare against latest map, you'll find all is already there.

Comment

kindly compare against latest map, you'll find all is already there.
                      Excuse me Jan, I thought this is the Upload your 1-sec tracks for calibration here section is it not?

If I was submitting NEW Tracks, then surely I would/should have done so in load your tracks here for next mapversion

There was one tiny new bit of Track, from the SE corner of that Industrial Complex up in the Hills of Naga. But as we had not searched hard enough, spent long enough, finding path through to the end of some ones contribution that ended @ (N10 15.360 E123 44.608) on the existing V1.21 onwards RoadGuide Map, I did not think it worth of submitting just that tiny bit as a 'New Track'.

Now if there is something wrong with the Tracks I submitted, as '1-sec tracks for calibration' , then I would like to know as that was from my new Garmin Nuvi 255.

Maybe I did not successfully set ot to record Tracls @ 1 sec intervals or something?

Looking at the Track 'Properties' in MapSource, they do appear to be 1 Sec/ intervals, so what is the problem with this submission Jan?

New Cebu Township One Special Ecozone, Barangay Cantao-an , Naga, Cebu,

There are 4 ways to enter that Industrial Complex
                      1. From the Road heading North. Main Entrance with Guard House.
                        To find this, approach from Cebu South Road - intersection North side, between 'Inayagan Elementary School' and 'Rikio Southeast Asia Ltd' or Cebu South General Hospital. (N10 14.042 E123 46.326)

2. From the Road heading NW. Driveway to Entrance Gate. Did not appear to be manned, not sure if you can gain access via this Entrance? Approach from Cebu South Road @ Tungkop. Intersection is opposite North side of 'Sister of Mary Boystown Complex'

3. From the Dirt Track heading NE, as shown not connecting to Special Ecozone. We tried connecting to this from the Dirt Track by the South corner, opposite the entrance to 'Kyocera Kinseki Phils Inc'. If we had more time to explore, we might have found a path that connects those two sections, to complete this West approach? I can submit that Dirt Track (but I already traced to Google Maps some time back)

4. If you cannot gain access to this 'Special Ecozone' complex via the East Entrance Gate. Carry on up the Track heading in Northerly direction (which is NOT on Contributors Map YET but should be in next version with submissions from 'Govoner', and qualified by my recent '1 Sec Tracks of the same. There is a narrow Dirt Track going up a hill in SE direction. This is what the 'locals' on motorcycles seem to use to gain access! I can submit that short GPS Track section, that connects that missing Track North to this 'Special Ecozone' complex.

I seem to recall reading that you preferred Submissions of '1-sec tracks for calibration' in their 'raw' state ie not split into separate sections, is that correct?

I have attached a .gdb file that pertains to just this 'Special Ecozone' complex access routes.

I will add WayPoints and New Tracks to the relevant uploads Section.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Britster; 06-11-2011, 11:08.

Comment

Excuse me Jan, I thought this is the Upload your 1-sec tracks for calibration here section is it not?

If I was submitting NEW Tracks, then surely I would/should have done so in load your tracks here for next mapversion
                        My mistake. You are correct.

however they are not 1s tracks and as such should not be uploaded here.
                        they appear to be nuvi standard tracks. check the track leg duration in mapsource.
                        Last edited by Jan; 06-11-2011, 12:01.

Comment

My mistake. You are correct.

however they are not 1s tracks and as such should not be uploaded here.
                          they appear to be nuvi standard tracks. check the track leg duration in mapsource.
                          Still on a learning curve with that Garmin Nuvi 255!

Seems I may have set it to 1 sec Track Logs then I did something wrong when we stopped when I wanted to see where we were. I had to start the Recording again, so it in 2 x Active Log Sessions.

I take it one has to do that 'Easter Egg' before the start of every Track Log?
                          (ACTIVE LOG: 10 Jun 2011 14:29) saved as GTR_10June_Nuvi255_Part1.gdb

Perhaps you only looked @ the 2nd Active Log, and I only looked at the 1st Active Log, where it did seem to be 1 sec intervals for the most part.

I deleted ACTIVE LOG: 10 Jun 2011 15:22 before Save as .gdb

Good job I have more than 1 way to collect GPS logs!

Please also see attached my WBT-201 GPS Track of same journey, exported as .gpx, loaded into Mapsource and then saved as .gdb file

Hope these GPS submission acceptable?

I already submitted the other 2 x NEW Tracks (Tracks not submitted by Govoner )

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....4&postcount=45
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Britster; 06-11-2011, 16:35.

Comment

Still on a learning curve with that Garmin Nuvi 255!

Good job I have more than 1 way to collect GPS logs!

Please see attached my WBT-201 GPS Track, exported as .gpx, loaded into Mapsource and then saved as .gdb file

Hope this GPS submission acceptable
                            I already submitted the other 2 x NEW Tracks (Tracks not submitted by Govoner )

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....4&postcount=45
                            those are 1 s tracks. (compare for yourself - you'll see the difference straight away)

Comment

those are 1 s tracks. (compare for yourself - you'll see the difference straight away)
                              Jan, I have edited my Post and attached my Garmin Nuvi 255's 1st Active Log, having deleted the 2nd and saved to new.gdb.

I know you happy with the WBT-201 Track log (and when I get around to trying that 4HZ mod. you will like them even better)

Appreciate you looking at that 1st half and just letting me know if that would be 'acceptable', just to aid my 'learning curve' on this new Garmin Nuvi.

(Seems one can't upload .gpx or .gdb into the Garmin Nuvi 255, is that correct)

Comment

Working...
                              X