• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado 400

Near death expirience the other night!

After updating to the latest software verion 3.0

http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...ls.jsp?id=3891

..and experimenting with different typ files made by hbt and suntzu (which are very nice indeed), I expirienced that no roads were visible?
    I first thought it could be the typ file and tried reverting to general typ, but still no roads?
    As the desperation came creeping I tried all the different typ files, but no roads was vissible?

Then I thought the software update was the culprit, as I've expirienced that before!
    But after downgrading to the previouse version the problem persisted and worse, my unit started to shut down everytime I was selecting to view the map? uhhhh I did start to get somewhat nervouse I even wrote garmin support in desperation!

After several hours fiddling and trying, I eventually figured out that if I changed the profile to any other than Automotive, I was able to view the map as usual and the roads where present as well...pheww..what a relife

I then just deleted the original Automotive profile and made a new one.

It must have been corrupted somehow?

Needless to say, I was very relieved!
    Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Apparently the rocker is going to be a problem with dust or grit etc and may prove to be a weak link in the unit,time will tell.The 400 includes either a topo map or marine map or fishing map,thus you would not buy the 400 series and put a topo on it,you would buy the 300 and put the topo on it.

Comment

Originally posted by aarenlainey View Post
      Apparently the rocker is going to be a problem with dust or grit etc and may prove to be a weak link in the unit,time will tell.The 400 includes either a topo map or marine map or fishing map,thus you would not buy the 400 series and put a topo on it,you would buy the 300 and put the topo on it.
      ??? Que!
      The 400t comes with a topo map! Latest firmware version allows you to name a map image file whatever you fancy..thats nice! you are not restricted to the few as most other units! (gmapsupp/gmapsupp2/gmapprom).

Comment

Colorado software version 3.42 Beta

Latest beta software for the Colorado can be downloaded here:

Colorado software version 3.42 Beta

I've tested it and can confirm it's working on my 400t

Enjoy!

Comment

Review and Function of Colorado

as the title states

http://gpsmagazine.com/2008/01/garmi...iew.php?page=1

just wanna share
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Colorado 400t Mini Review, my expiriences!

Originally posted by hbt View Post
            as the title states

http://gpsmagazine.com/2008/01/garmi...iew.php?page=1

just wanna share
            Thanks Kuya!

The Colorado 400t has been a very good device for me, specially after software upgrade v 2.60 where the trip log automatically stores it self as a gpx file when full and starts another automatically! (Auto archive), the auto archive comes in addition to the 200 gpx files that can be stored on the unit!

Read more here: Understanding Track Archiving Improvements

With an external arial on the car roof it turns out to be a very good tracking device! Another likeable feature after software v 3.00, is that you can name the .img map files whatever you please, you are not limited to the 3 file names as most other units? The unit also has track-back on current track!

Regarding the internal memory; The 400t is pr-loaded with a US-topo map (gmapprom.img ~2,63GB), but I've removed this, just copied it to my HDD and deleted it from the garmin folder in the device. Then, if ever I need it I can just copy it back? So basically I've a device with plentyfull space for additional maps etc. and if needed there is also a SD card slot! Mind though the limitations on most, if not all devices of appr. 4GB map segments, however thats quite sufficient for most uses?

I've expirienced a few problems with software updates going wrong, as ia the first post here, and acctually when I upgraded to 3.40 I expirienced that I could'nt load our RG map..uuuuh! But again a quick downgrade to 3.20 solved the problem and it was also working well on the second attempt for 3.40 and also no problem with the Beta 3.43 as mentioned!

After all I'm verry pleased with my Colorado 400t and will think more than twice before replacing it with something else?

One desirable feature missing on the Colorado is theTrack manager feature which the Oregon has, but on the other hand the Oregon is lacking connection for an external arial?

As I understand the new GPSmap 62 S/ST has both this feature and now when the problem of viewing our RG map on the GPSmap 62 S/ST seems to have been resolved, this would be a verry desirable device!

I've however requested Garmin to add, if possible, the Track Manager features to the Colorado, hopefully my request is heard?

Read more about the features and software versions on this usefull site:

Garmin GPS Revisions versus features

Reviews:

Garmin Colorado 400t

Garmin Oregon 450

Garmin GPSMAP 62st

Garmin Colorado 400t and Garmin Oregon 400t Comparison of Features

Last edited by jonatle; 09-05-2010, 12:58. Reason: Revised info reg. auto archiving tracks & Added info reg. Track Manager etc.

Comment

Colorado 400t latest software 3.50 tested ok!

Tested and found working with our latest RoadGuide map v. 1.19

Colorado (WebUpdater) software version 3.50
              as of October 29, 2010

Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:
              Added brightness adjustments for BirdsEye imagery. (On the map, press options, Select Map, BirdsEye Satellite Imagery)
              Increased the map drawing range to allow maps to draw farther south.
              Fixed map display problems.
              Fixed improperly cropped review text.

Fyi, again I expirienced trouble with the software! I had not been using my colorado for quite some time and when switching it on last night (to prepair for tracking a possible opening of sky-way sucat ramp verry soon ;-) ?, it would'nt display our RoadGuide map? I was running software version 3.43 beta, which did worked fine with our map, as stated above! Something must have been going wrong during the extended time the unit has been not used and battery was completly drained? However, a quick downgrade to version 3.20 and then a web update to the last vesion 3.50, solved the problem again!

Last edited by jonatle; 12-14-2010, 06:59.

Comment

Working...
              X