Looking for GPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for GPS

Hi everyone. I just got back from the States and I was impressed with the GPS that is used in a car. It costs only about $130.

I would like to ask if you know of a GPS that would cost about that much and with a voice navigation.

I would appreciate a response from anyone.

El

Originally posted by elviezamora View Post
    Hi everyone. I just got back from the States and I was impressed with the GPS that is used in a car. It costs only about $130.

I would like to ask if you know of a GPS that would cost about that much and with a voice navigation.

El
    Hi El. That GPS that you're talking about that cost $130, if it's a Garmin, it will work with our Roadguide map and you'll have voice guided navigation. Garmin Nuvi 200/205 are within that price range as well. But best to buy it overseas rather than here, as GPS prices here are something else. To justify the price, they sometimes make it appear that what you're paying for is the installed Philippine standard map, the same one that you can get here for FREE. And if you contribute and become a contributor, you can also get the awesome contributor's map for FREE as well.. HTH

Comment

Looking of GPS

Good day everyone,

Im also looking for a GPS. I used to have the very basic GPS12 and it served it's purpose on my hiking trips and travels. It died on me in one my travels. When I tried to search for a new GPS, I was suprised to see how advanced and expensive the types of GPS available in Garmin. Can anyone suggest a good mapping GPS. Waterproof is a must and I surely would like to have detailed philippine map with it. My budget is P20k. Thanks

Comment

hi rollymagpayo, with that 20k budget you can have a nice decent garmin nuvi gps... with regards to the detailed PH map, it's FREE here at RoadGuide you only need to be a contributor to get the latest and updated map.

For starters be sure that you have read the FAQ and How To sections. It will help you a lot. http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

Originally posted by rollymagpayo View Post
        Good day everyone,

Im also looking for a GPS. I used to have the very basic GPS12 and it served it's purpose on my hiking trips and travels. It died on me in one my travels. When I tried to search for a new GPS, I was suprised to see how advanced and expensive the types of GPS available in Garmin. Can anyone suggest a good mapping GPS. Waterproof is a must and I surely would like to have detailed philippine map with it. My budget is P20k. Thanks
        Last edited by razorspells; 02-26-2010, 14:22.

Comment

Originally posted by rollymagpayo View Post
          Good day everyone,

waterproof? garmin 60csx, price is within your range, but buy it overseas.
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by elviezamora View Post

El
            Hi El,

You should have inquired from your friends and bought one from the US because it's cheap there. Anyway Welcome to Roadguide.ph. Feel at home here. After you heard from our colleagues which unit is the best for your needs, I think you should ask one of your balikbayan (vacationing) relatives to buy it for you before they come back here.

Best regards.
            See FAQ for Newbies below
            Click Here

Comment

Garmin GPSmap 276C

I got Garmin gpsmap 276C and looking for cheaper memory card.

Comment

Originally posted by henrich View Post
                I got Garmin gpsmap 276C and looking for cheaper memory card.
                welcome to roadguide
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Henrich, welcome!

If memory card is micro SD like what I am using, then try CDRking. I however am a fan of the Kingcom or what not store in Megamall because that brand offers life time guarantee or at least a very long warranty on their memory cards, unlike CDRking that only offers 6 months warranty.

My suggestion is to keep a backup of the files in your PC for if the memory crashes, if you have mapsource (you will need it anyway so get it) then you don't need to backup separately, what Map mapsource has will be your "backup".

TTFN
                  Arvin

Comment

for me is best to check on the amazon and ebay but you need credit card to buy and you can choose best and they give special discount on some holiday season

Comment

for my series I'm using micro SD of sandisk i bought last day 16gb ahahahaha and only small data files only store like poi nothing else some picture coz the 3700 series dont have any mp3 player or any video player

Comment

anyone try using the garmin as a music player for the car? like an ipod.

Comment

Hello Guys!

Just placed my order via amazon it's a Nuvi 1490T and to complete it I also ordered the Garmin EcoRoute via OBD II or my SUV. Hope somebody can share experience with Nuvi 1490T here.

Comment

Originally posted by 13wiL6sic6 View Post
                            for my series I'm using micro SD of sandisk i bought last day 16gb ahahahaha and only small data files only store like poi nothing else some picture coz the 3700 series dont have any mp3 player or any video player
                            "Asia" version Nuvi 3790T with recent firmware update to version 2.5 have incorporated Media Player capable of playing MP3 music,

Besides this there is also a Calendar function where you can Add event, Agenda and view today's event

Comment

Originally posted by kid168 View Post
                              anyone try using the garmin as a music player for the car? like an ipod.

Yes, but put the music files into a bigger capacity SD card so as to save main memory space.....

However, IMHO, the car ICE is a better option for music with better reproduction

Comment

Working...
                              X