theGPSstore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

theGPSstore

hi, i was planning to order some handheld gps from thegpsstore online and it says that it will be delivered thru Fedex. Anyone had the experience of a delivery thru fedex? Will the unit be held in customs? do you think i will be asked to pay pa tax or is that included na sa whole payment of fedex just like johnny air? thanks

Originally posted by edsol View Post
    Will the unit be held in customs? do you think i will be asked to pay pa tax or is that included na sa whole payment of fedex just like johnny air? thanks
    Most likely. Bought an item abroad once and shipped via UPS and they charged quite a sum for custom fees.

Comment

do you think i will be asked to pay pa tax or is that included na sa whole payment of fedex just like johnny air? thanks
      I've read in another forum that you do get taxed when it's thru fedex and other big named forwarders. But with Johnny Air's, your cargo is considered "balikbayan" so it don't get taxed... HTH

Comment

hi edsol, you will defintely be taxed by fedex here.. I bought some books from amazon and I paid taxes to them when it was delivered.. Btw, I saw another site similar to Johnny Air and it's called Pobox.ph have not tried it myself but I'm planning to.. I think it's worth looking into... HTH

hi, i was planning to order some handheld gps from thegpsstore online and it says that it will be delivered thru Fedex. Anyone had the experience of a delivery thru fedex? Will the unit be held in customs? do you think i will be asked to pay pa tax or is that included na sa whole payment of fedex just like johnny air? thanks

Comment

when you say you will taxed by fedex here does it mean that aside from the $45 shipping fee by fedex, when my unit arrives here, fedex will tax me again or it is customs na?

anyone has any idea how much will be the tax for a let us say 25k worth of a gadget?

Comment

when you say you will taxed by fedex here does it mean that aside from the $45 shipping fee by fedex, when my unit arrives here, fedex will tax me again or it is customs na?
            i think its different. shipping fee is payment for fedex handling your item while
            tax is payment to govt. tax will be paid by fedex when your item pass customs then it will be pass on to you upon delivery.

anyone has any idea how much will be the tax for a let us say 25k worth of a gadget?
            theres a certain percentage depending on item. if electronic i think its higher.
            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

if it's any help, I ordered a USD500++ worth RC heli before and I had to shell out somewhere around PhP6000++ more for customs, etc.
              ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Working...
              X