My 62s in trouble again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 62s in trouble again

ust when i thought everythings working alright i decided to load the 116 map. Then it started all over again ("can't authenticate maps"), started to show again. I tried to load 115 again but still it didn't work. I tried using mapsource 6.13.7 and 6.15.7 but no luck. I tried generating the map in a flash drive and copy paste it directly to the garmin file in the gps unit, still didint work. I have the correct unlock codes coz it worked before. In my desperation i tried updating my gps software to 2.70. tsk tsk! I cannot understand what happened . I tried doing what worked before but i cnnot make it to work anymore. I'm back to using OSM maps.

hi fastblu,

i guess it you better try to downgrade your mapsource just like what i did to my home pc. same thing happened to me regarding my map...locked.

check on this link below

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...ight=mapsource

Comment

62st problem

I wish I didn't but I have just tried to transfer 1.16 to the 62st. I now have got same problem. Cannot open map. tried installing through Mapinstall and also direct from Mapsource. Neither worked. my sortware version is 2.50 and Mapinstall is 6.15.7. It worked OK for 1.14 so why should there be a problem now. I will keep trying and let you know if I have any sucess.

Loaded 1.16 onto my Zumo. First try showed no roads but second try installed OK.
      Last edited by JDCOOPERPH; 10-29-2010, 18:54. Reason: added comment

Comment

Originally posted by docsamcruz View Post
        hi fastblu,

i guess it you better try to downgrade your mapsource just like what i did to my home pc. same thing happened to me regarding my map...locked.

check on this link below

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...ight=mapsource
        Already tried downloading to 6.13.7 then 6.15.7 still cant authenticate maps...

Comment

Originally posted by JDCOOPERPH View Post
          I wish I didn't but I have just tried to transfer 1.16 to the 62st. I now have got same problem. Cannot open map. tried installing through Mapinstall and also direct from Mapsource. Neither worked. my sortware version is 2.50 and Mapinstall is 6.15.7. It worked OK for 1.14 so why should there be a problem now. I will keep trying and let you know if I have any sucess.

Loaded 1.16 onto my Zumo. First try showed no roads but second try installed OK.
          oh wow, it happened also again to you sir? I hope i can figure out how i did it to work before but no luck.

Comment

This morning I checked that the map is transferred to 62st and is in correct folder. So the transfer is OK. On my Zumo is also a GarminDevice.xml file. There is similar file on the 62st but additionally a system.xml file. I removed that file but it made no diffrence. Went into webupdater to find there is now a software version 2.70 but when I tried to download , I got a message that the file is corrupted. Think I will wait a few days and try and download the software version 2.70 again. My only advice to anyone thinking of buying a 62 - don't!!!!!

Comment

Successfully downloaded software 2.70 but still get 'Can't Authenticate Maps' message on the 62 and map does not open. This is serious matter because if Garmin are putting an Authentification code in their maps, then this problem may start to occur on all new models from Garmin. I opened the GarGarminDevice.xml file on both the 62 and the Zumo. There are significant difference in the unlock lines. Please see the scans attached. Is this where the problem is? Hopefully one of you computor experts out there can help!
              Attached Files

Comment

Bit more info - I downloaded HK map from RotweilerMaps. No problem to open in Mapsource and transferred to 62st with no problems. So - sorry - logically it seems that our map is the problem.

Comment

is rotweiler maps locked?
                  How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

No it is an unlocked map.
                    Looking at the GarminDevice.xml files for my Zumo and the 62st, there are major differnces even on the first few lines. Is this the problem?
                    Last edited by JDCOOPERPH; 10-31-2010, 17:37. Reason: more comments

Comment

probably yes.
                      garmin is implementing a new map locking mechanism for the newer gps's
                      How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by JDCOOPERPH View Post
                        Bit more info - I downloaded HK map from RotweilerMaps. No problem to open in Mapsource and transferred to 62st with no problems. So - sorry - logically it seems that our map is the problem.
                        I hope somebody will be able to figure this out.

Comment

Working...
                        X