60 Csx accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 Csx accuracy

Guys did you noticed that when you are driving in a mountainous area (zigzag etc, our 60 csx accuracy tends to loose a lot and could go as more than 100meters + while started at about 8 meters? So my targeted waypoint intended for contribution might not be accurate Good that these areas have less POI as compared to the near towns and cities. Don't know if Nuvi might be of better results.

Guys did you noticed that when you are driving in a mountainous area (zigzag etc, our 60 csx accuracy tends to loose a lot and could go as more than 100meters + while started at about 8 meters? So my targeted waypoint intended for contribution might not be accurate Good that these areas have less POI as compared to the near towns and cities. Don't know if Nuvi might be of better results.
    Not only the waypoints but the tracks as well.
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
      Not only the waypoints but the tracks as well.
      So an external antenna might be a good investment.

Comment

well the waypoints need to be adjusted anyways and placed on the RG standard distance and correct side of the road so imho this is not much of an issue for waypoints. have you tried tracking that road again coming from the opposite direction kuya js? methinks we can make a good comparison there also and if you can get multiple tracks of the same zigzag road, you'll be able to determine if an external antenna is indeed a good investment... HTH

... just a thought... try to check in GE if that area you mentioned has hi res imageries. if there is, you can try overlay your tracks to see if it's really way off or if it matches somehow. of course, you have to determine first the GE offset if you can. easier to do this in gpsmapedit...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
          have you tried tracking that road again coming from the opposite direction kuya js? methinks we can make a good comparison there also and if you can get multiple tracks of the same zigzag road, you'll be able to determine if an external antenna is indeed a good investment... HTH
          If there is an opportunity, yes, it should be at least on both direction when tracking to make it partially conclusive. Regret that on these locations(zigzag areas) the targeted POI might be not 100% correct. These might be the reason why I see wrong location of POi's before (say in Cebu Northbound near the bridge/ toyota etc.-) but might have been corrected already. No substitute for multiple tracks

... just a thought... try to check in GE if that area you mentioned has hi res imageries. if there is, you can try overlay your tracks to see if it's really way off or if it matches somehow. of course, you have to determine first the GE offset if you can. easier to do this in gpsmapedit...
          ok I will do that. Just a thought , Nuvi(fixed on my friction mount or any Gpsr ) might provide a more consistent tracks. My 60 csx was not on fixed position (checking from time to time if my signal is still there-)this might be one the reason why accuracy could go as high as 150 meters. So a mounting is a must if you plan to get tracks on extended basis either a Nuvi -portable or handheld gpsr.

Comment

Working...
          X