60 or 70 CSX, info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 or 70 CSX, info

Does the 60 CSx have a basemap of philippines with terrain info ?

Saw that they came with a basemap, does that include philippines.

Also wanted to know if the map available on this forum has terrain information.

Found these two units looking at boby's profile. They would seem to do a good job for my work as a pilot.

Just hoping that the maps here can help. I dont have a GPS yet, is there any other way to see the map on a PC ?

Originally posted by Troy View Post
    Does the 60 CSx have a basemap of philippines with terrain info ?

Saw that they came with a basemap, does that include philippines.

Also wanted to know if the map available on this forum has terrain information.

Found these two units looking at boby's profile. They would seem to do a good job for my work as a pilot.

Just hoping that the maps here can help. I dont have a GPS yet, is there any other way to see the map on a PC ?
    - basemap doesn't have terrain info
    - map here doesn't have terrain info
    - 60 for sure smallish screen for piloting, 70 little bit bigger. check 276c
    - pc: download mapsource , check how to section
    - i have a contour map of the philippines at 10 meter interval but it's too big to upload (my connection is to slow) as it is about 130mb. also it's only correct to +- 40 m vertical and +-50 meter horizontal. which is probably the best you'd find anyway...
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Finally found what I was looking for GPSMAP 96C, that one seems perfect for my needs.

Anyone here bought a GPS from TigerGPS ? Is there any problems with customs when they ship it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Troy View Post
        Finally found what I was looking for GPSMAP 96C, that one seems perfect for my needs.
        Nice find. I can't seem to find this item in tigergps, gpsdiscount and amazon. But i found it here http://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/sep/3413. A bit expensive though, but perfect for your needs...

Comment

borgie thanks alot for your help. But does anyone know if the customs in philippines will charge extra when the package arrives. thats what scares me to buy online.

Also found this aviation shop in cebu, she is selling it for 25k which i think is really cheap

Comment

Just bought a Garmin 60 CSx a few days ago. Off to the Philippines on 25 April for 9 days again where we always do a lot of trecking/hiking. Will contribute but new to this. Working slowly through the "newbie" section but very new to this so any help much appreciated. Been going to the PI since 1991 frequently so know many parts of it quite well. my friend must have charted around 150 hikes with his Garmin over the last 6 years (Thursdays we normally are out "all day") often exploring uncharted territory, but not sure if he even knows about this site, so I will point him towards it (he's only lived in the PI for 24 years and I always stay with him when I am there)

Comment

Working...
            X