Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS 496 help

Hello,

Not sure if this is right lace to post but here we go.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a map and how to install it for the Philippines (street map) for the GPS 496. I have contacted Garmin and they do not currently support Asia.

Is there a way of downloading GoogleMaps (the whole Philippines) to this Garmin unit?
    I checked using google all I could find was downloading point to point which wouldnt be very efficiant having to load new maps with every trip etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Originally posted by GPSmap496 View Post
    Hello,

Not sure if this is right lace to post but here we go.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a map and how to install it for the Philippines (street map) for the GPS 496. I have contacted Garmin and they do not currently support Asia.

Is there a way of downloading GoogleMaps (the whole Philippines) to this Garmin unit?
    I checked using google all I could find was downloading point to point which wouldnt be very efficiant having to load new maps with every trip etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
    you got a data card for the unit? if not, unit is useless (if i'm correct the 276, 376, 476 only take garmnin specific data cards)
    asides from that, the map you can download here is the most complete map of the philippines for grmin at the moment.
    how to load it to your gps? check the how to section. you'll need mapsource to send it to the map

edit: 496 pla, sorry, could be this takes the map on sd or even in its internal memory
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Working...
    X