GPS 60Csx will not acquire satellites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS 60Csx will not acquire satellites

Just got my GPS unit last week, I was playing with it, and everything seems ok, but on the 3rd day after turning it on again, it was not acquiring satellites, I tried to leave it outdoors but still not satellites. Finally I decided to download from UNIT SOFTWARE from the garmin website:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/do...ID=145&pID=310

After the update, my unit still wont acquire satellites, I decided to download the WEBUPDATER from the same website, after the WEBUPDATER installed something, I forgot the name of the file, the GPS60CSx started to work again, up to now the unit is still working fine, I still dont know what caused my GPS to act that way.

Just want to share this, hope this helps.

Prior to updating it, did you try selecting "New Location"?

My eTrex Venture used to take a decade to get a lock but after running the update, it's down to just a few minutes at worst.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

I think I did not select the "new location" I will keep that in mind, hopefully I won't be needing it.
      thanks for the info.

Comment

All portable gpsmap is like that i think maybe your inside your house or inside something that's blocking the sky..

if the weather at that time is cloudy or rainy its sometimes hard to acquire network.. but aftwer awhileyou will get a signal..

Comment

Originally posted by jto235 View Post
          my unit still wont acquire satellites, I decided to download the WEBUPDATER .
          jto35...
          thanks for the tip
          my garmin 255w was working fine up to the time that airport customs in new jersey (usa) took it into the back room but when i got to the fils, all i could get was ''can't acquire satellites'' until i ran WEBUPDATER as you suggested. it still took awhile for the unit to locate but it's working fine now.

Comment

Originally posted by jto235 View Post
            ...I still dont know what caused my GPS to act that way.
            While the 60CSx is booting up (blue screen), do not press the power button to turn on the backlight. Wait for the satellites page to appear before using the backlight.

This is a known issue. Seems like pressing the power button while the unit is booting up somehow corrupts the GPS software so much so that if you check the software version (press menu/setup/system/menu/software version) the "GPS software version" is 0.00. But running Garmin webupdater will correct the problem and restores the GPS software. HTH...

Comment

have you tried clearing the cache?

Comment

Working...
              X