276C and other garmin users.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

276C and other garmin users.

how to turn off "lock on road "setting on Gpsmap 276C?

somebody please..
    thank you
    Last edited by uargon; 07-11-2009, 13:45.

you can select OffRoad by following the directions on the attachment
    Hope this helps and is what ur looking for

Comment

Originally posted by chaz2009 View Post
      you can select OffRoad by following the directions on the attachment
      Hope this helps and is what ur looking for
      I think the "Offroad" setting is not what he meant bec. if you set it at that, you'll be given a straight line connection to your destination when routing. In my XT, i have two options, "lock on road" meaning the vehicle icon (and my tracks if set to record) will always be on top of the nearest road, and the other option is "at GPS location", which would show you were you really are. I haven't tinkered with a 276's setting so i can't give a definite answer to this query...

Comment

Try Marine Mode (Press and hold "Page" key and select "Marine") if that will unclip you from road.
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
          I think the "Offroad" setting is not what he meant bec. if you set it at that, you'll be given a straight line connection to your destination when routing. In my XT, i have two options, "lock on road" meaning the vehicle icon (and my tracks if set to record) will always be on top of the nearest road, and the other option is "at GPS location", which would show you were you really are. I haven't tinkered with a 276's setting so i can't give a definite answer to this query...
          Sir,
          off road setting did not worked.

marine mode is okay.

Comment

Originally posted by uargon View Post
            Sir,
            off road setting did not worked.

marine mode is okay.

good to see you found a solution. i am using the marine mode myself as i get a bigger picture of the map

Comment

Comment

its all in here;

press:
                1. menu
                2.Set Up Map / enter
                3.General / scroll down
                4.Lock to Road / on-off

Attached Files

Comment

Need a map and advice

I brought my G 276C with me...tried soooo many times to download / upload or whatever its called....a map from this great country of yours. Nothing works...the GPS is ok and in marine mode it's just perfect - but my GS1150 does not like to float.

Anyhow - help me if you can, please; here is what I consider, my problem(s):
                  when I plug my GPS into the USB computer via cable - it recognizes it (USB connected);
                  even with the latest Garmin download my GPS does not recognize the USB port at the download in the GPS - tells me it's a serial port (1, or 2);

previously I did ask and received help from a very patient person but I am stupid - I just like to press buttons and don't waant to re-design/invent wheels or GPS things...

Or - is there a store where I can send this beast and get it back in reasonable time/shape and working?

Help is needed!

Comment

Originally posted by bothfeetin View Post
                    I brought my G 276C with me...tried soooo many times to download / upload or whatever its called....a map from this great country of yours. Nothing works...the GPS is ok and in marine mode it's just perfect - but my GS1150 does not like to float.

Anyhow - help me if you can, please; here is what I consider, my problem(s):
                    when I plug my GPS into the USB computer via cable - it recognizes it (USB connected);
                    even with the latest Garmin download my GPS does not recognize the USB port at the download in the GPS - tells me it's a serial port (1, or 2);

previously I did ask and received help from a very patient person but I am stupid - I just like to press buttons and don't waant to re-design/invent wheels or GPS things...

Or - is there a store where I can send this beast and get it back in reasonable time/shape and working?

Help is needed!

elaborate what you want please sir...
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hi hbt....
                      thanks a lot...at last a voice from outer space - how is the moon these days?

I think I found the problem with my GPS - but don't ask me what it was as all i did was pressing all kinds of settings....and so on, sorry can't help others who might have the same issues!

Now I still like to get a map from the Philippines for my 276C or where could I buy one already on a Garmin card?

Thanks, appreciate your answer!

Comment

Hi hbt....

I think I found the problem with my GPS - but don't ask me what it was as all i did was pressing all kinds of settings....and so on, sorry can't help others who might have the same issues!

Now I still like to get a map from the Philippines for my 276C or where could I buy one already on a Garmin card?

hi sirbothfeetin,
                        sorry, theres no garmin card that you can buy BUT you can download the standard map here for free and if you contribute data you'll have the more detailed contributors map.
                        Please read the FAQ inside the HOW TO section

thanks and good day to you at earth
                        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hi hbt....

you can get it for free its not for sale my friend, be a contributor and enjoy the latest version of the map.
                          cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X