60CSx backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
    Hi Borgie, my unit finally arrived after long wait , I guess I need to update my software which is 3.30 and GPS SW version 2.90. I can see the big difference between a full pledge gps vs my Nuvi and was able to get a sattelite lock inside my room for maybe 2-3 mins. he he
    Congrats! Nice to see you've made a good comparison with the nuvi. It does hold a lock even when indoors. Have you tried using autorouting? Maybe you might want to check out NROUTE also. Btw, what is the cap of the MC that came with it? If it's less than 1GB, just download then delete the gpx track files that's automatically written to it (if you have turned on this feature). And be sure not to put any other folder or file in that MC as it will cause your gps to crash & shutdown unexpectedly. It happened to me & i had to remove the 2gb card & replaced it with the orig 512mb. Then i learned that the other folders were the culprits. So after deleting those folders, i installed the 2gb card again and so far okay na. Btw, join ka rin sa 60csx yahoo groups, you'll learn a lot of tips there too...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
      Congrats! Nice to see you've made a good comparison with the nuvi. It does hold a lock even when indoors. Have you tried using autorouting? Maybe you might want to check out NROUTE also. Btw, what is the cap of the MC that came with it? If it's less than 1GB, just download then delete the gpx track files that's automatically written to it (if you have turned on this feature). And be sure not to put any other folder or file in that MC as it will cause your gps to crash & shutdown unexpectedly. It happened to me & i had to remove the 2gb card & replaced it with the orig 512mb. Then i learned that the other folders were the culprits. So after deleting those folders, i installed the 2gb card again and so far okay na. Btw, join ka rin sa 60csx yahoo groups, you'll learn a lot of tips there too...
      It comes w/ 2GB cap. When I upload the 5.17 via mapsource, I can't seem to find the SD card so instead send( load )the map in main memory of 60 csx itself. Thanks for the tip, I will join again yahoo group. I did unsubscribe before as it clutters my yahoo mail. Auto routing- I will check too. I'll check Nroute too.
      Last edited by jspalaroan; 11-29-2009, 11:03. Reason: rewords/wrong grammar

Comment

It comes w/ 2GB cap. When I upload the 5.17 via mapsource, I can't seem to find the SD card so instead send( load )the map in main memory of 60 csx itself. Thanks for the tip, I will join again yahoo group. I did unsubscribe before as it clutters my yahoo mail. Auto routing- I will check too. I'll check Nroute too.
        Mapsource cannot detect your MC, only the GPS, but the map you send to it goes to your MC's Garmin folder. You can even copy/paste your nuvi's img file to the 60cs's MC (if you have unlocked the img to both devices). But first you have to go to usb mode so your PC will detect the MC. This is how to download the gpx track files also. And Suntzu's & Rally's typ files work just as well in the 60csx. And you're an MC (not members card ha), another unlock code is yours for the asking, just pm the judge. Why use the 5.17 when you can have the 1.09... HTH
        Last edited by Borgie; 11-29-2009, 12:01.

Comment

Mapsource cannot detect your MC, only the GPS, but the map you send to it goes to your MC's Garmin folder. You can even copy/paste your nuvi's img file to the 60cs's MC (if you have unlocked the img to both devices). But first you have to go to usb mode so your PC will detect the MC. This is how to download the gpx track files also. And Suntzu's & Rally's typ files work just as well in the 60csx. And you're an MC (not members card ha), another unlock code is yours for the asking, just pm the judge. Why use the 5.17 when you can have the 1.09... HTH
          Cant wait for my 60csx kuya....jan 15 pa arrival.
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

I have PM the judge already and obviously this was the first thing to do I'm just waiting for the reply. Si Reiji pala waiting na din sa 60csx.I have experience hanging of my unit in one occasion, I guess its inevitable to upgrade the SW

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
              Cant wait for my 60csx kuya....jan 15 pa arrival.
              Si kuya Jan darating sa 15th? J/k hehe, couldn't resist... Nice upgrade kuya, even though medyo hindi na tayo gaano ka bata, we still have that excitement within us when expecting a new toy and that's a very positive thing, hehe.

Comment

I have experience hanging of my unit in one occasion, I guess its inevitable to upgrade the SW
                Me too, but only when i added other files & folders to the MC. After i found the problem & removed the cause' okay na siya...

Comment

Me too, but only when i added other files & folders to the MC. After i found the problem & removed the cause' okay na siya...
                  I have upgraded now the SW its now 4.0 and GPS SW Ver 2.90, not much difference at this time I noticed . In tracking, I set record method under "time" but and I think the interval should be change as well to get a 1 sec track thus 00 hrs 00min 01sec .Can you confirm this? I have tried at 00 hrs 00min 30 sec, the track points generated seems quite far and in the track properties, its every 30 sec interval. I think this is not still acceptable as it might create a big discrepancy. The gpx file generated (not 1 sec) seems cannot be opened in wNtrack but can be opened in mapsource. I'm attaching the photos so our members can see.
                  Last edited by jspalaroan; 11-30-2009, 11:42. Reason: add attachment

Comment

I have upgraded now the SW its now 4.0 and GPS SW Ver 2.90, not much difference at this time I noticed . In tracking, I set record method under "time" but and I think the interval should be change as well to get a 1 sec track thus 00 hrs 00min 01sec .Can you confirm this? I have tried at 00 hrs 00min 30 sec, the track points generated seems quite far and in the track properties, its every 30 sec interval. I think this is not still acceptable as it might create a big discrepancy. The gpx file generated (not 1 sec) seems cannot be opened in wNtrack but can be opened in mapsource. I'm attaching the photos so our members can see.
                    yes sir, leg time should always be 1sec. 30sec is quite far na especially if you are travelling at high speed.
                    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Please set it to time, 1 sec for the best track. I haven't tried wNtrack but what i can say is the gpx file that's saved in the MC can be opened directly in mapsource and even in GE. And please note that the saved file's name by default is the date when that track or tracks were recorded & 1 file can contain several tracks as everytime you turn on/off the gps in 1 day, a new active track will be created. Another tip: be sure to install the batteries polarity exactly as indicated. Installing them backwards might cause problems. Please check the battery setting too to correspond to the type of battery you are using (alkaline or nimh)...

Comment

Please set it to time, 1 sec for the best track. I haven't tried wNtrack but what i can say is the gpx file that's saved in the MC can be opened directly in mapsource and even in GE. And please note that the saved file's name by default is the date when that track or tracks were recorded & 1 file can contain several tracks as everytime you turn on/off the gps in 1 day, a new active track will be created. Another tip: be sure to install the batteries polarity exactly as indicated. Installing them backwards might cause problems. Please check the battery setting too to correspond to the type of battery you are using (alkaline or nimh)...

hindi ba MOTOLITE.. hahaha sorry, cant stop mymy fingers from typing this :sly:
                        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                        X