No announcement yet.

Nuvi 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im very excited to use my garmin 200 when we go back to baguio (after 10 long years) also after christmas. see you there sir!

Originally posted by ment View Post
    hello i have just bought mine also ....

wanna help out the community

after christmas i'll be in baguio for some r&r ...... hope to check the map also there

errr .... how to i transfer the waypoint file to my garmin? sorry at ot

Comment

Nuvi 250

I have a nuvi 250 which has a map europe. Where can I get a map of the philippines and how to install it in my garmin nuvi 250

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by alohahotel View Post
        I have a nuvi 250 which has a map europe. Where can I get a map of the philippines and how to install it in my garmin nuvi 250

Thanks

Welcome alohahotel!

The how to section will help you get started in installing maps to your Nuvi. You need to be a contributor though to get a usable and detailed Phil map.

allan

Comment

xx5 vs. xx0

For anyone buying Nuvi, get the xx5 version instead of the xx0. 255W is actually this years model while 260W was last years model. The xx5 has track logs feature, faster processor (different) and redrawing of maps, better and more sensitive antenna, and improved map layout. The 760's are actually on sale and going for the same price as the 255W.

http://www.gpslodge.com/archives/021265.php
          Last edited by LGMan; 12-26-2008, 06:21. Reason: edit
          [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]GPS - Greatest invention since sliced bread![/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Is there a way to save the track logs on Nuvi 200 without downgrading the firmware?

I've read from other websites that the initial firmware release for Nuvi 200 will allow you to save the track logs. With the latest firmware on the Garmin site, including the previous firmware releasese, they removed this "Track log" features.

Comment

Originally posted by thelostnavigator View Post
              Is there a way to save the track logs on Nuvi 200 without downgrading the firmware?
              Hi!

There is none.

allan

Comment

Hi.

I dont know if this is the right forum to ask but is the philippine map downloads here includes provinces or just around metro manila?

Im here in canada and would like to buy a garmin gps. Thanks. guys/girls

Comment

Welcome alpha-q!

Yes it also includes maps of the provinces but they are still not as detailed as as the metro manila one.

allan

Comment

Originally posted by alpha-q View Post
                    Hi.

I dont know if this is the right forum to ask but is the philippine map downloads here includes provinces or just around metro manila?

Im here in canada and would like to buy a garmin gps. Thanks. guys/girls
                    get mapsource, download demo map and see for yourself....
                    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by thelostnavigator View Post
                      I succeeded in enabling the hidden tracklog feature on my Garmin Nuvi 200 (with firmware version 5.50) by following the instructions found on this forum:

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/t...9&whichpage=18

Credit goes to user "neadrenalin" of www.gpspassion.com

IMPORTANT WARNING !!!
                      -=======================-
                      Service mode firmware for nuvi200 / 250 / 270 (native english) to add HIDDEN TRACKLOG !!!
                      For HWID=0834 ONLY !!!
                      DO NOT TRY TO USE THIS FIRMWARE ON ANOTHER HARWARE ID's!!!
                      YOUR UNIT CAN BE DAMAGED !!!

How to simple find your HWID:
                      Attach nuvi as mass storage device, then open /Garmin/garmindevice.xml in Notepad and find some info like this:
                      <Model>PartNumber>006-0834-00</PartNumber>SoftwareVersion>500</SoftwareVersion>

Be sure your device is fully charged, detach USB cable, power on device, press on 'battery' icon for 10 seconds (this enters to the hidden service menu), then re-attach USB cable. Install system drivers (you can find the driver in the Mapsource CD software).

Your unit is now in service mode (that also accepts updater commands), download and run Updater.exe found here:

http://e-trex.info/fw/nuvi/2xx/fw_nu...0+tracklog.rar

Select Nuvi in the list. Click ok and proceed. Agree with updater if any additional messages appeared.

After successful flashing unit restarts.

Now your Nuvi is fully operational and has following updates:

- in the Speedometer menu you can press it and immediately get to the hidden menu
                      - then click NEXT and you will get TRACKLOG MENU.

Use wNutrak from this page:
                      www.anpo.republika.pl/download.html
                      to handle your tracks in mapsource.

Comment

Originally posted by Showdown View Post
                        I succeeded in enabling the hidden tracklog feature on my Garmin Nuvi 200 (with firmware version 5.50) by following the instructions found on this forum:

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/t...9&whichpage=18

Credit goes to user "neadrenalin" of www.gpspassion.com

IMPORTANT WARNING !!!
                        Service mode firmware for nuvi200 / 250 / 270 (native english) to add HIDDEN TRACKLOG !!!
                        For HWID=0834 ONLY !!!
                        DO NOT TRY TO USE THIS FIRMWARE ON ANOTHER HARWARE ID's!!!
                        YOUR UNIT CAN BE DAMAGED !!!

How to simple find your HWID:
                        Attach nuvi as mass storage device, then open /Garmin/garmindevice.xml in Notepad and find some info like this:
                        <Model>PartNumber>006-0834-00</PartNumber>SoftwareVersion>500</SoftwareVersion>

Be sure your device is fully charged, detach USB cable, power on device, press on 'battery' icon for 10 seconds (this enters to the hidden service menu), then re-attach USB cable. Install system drivers (you can find the driver in the Mapsource CD software).

Your unit is now in service mode (that also accepts updater commands), download and run Updater.exe found here:

http://e-trex.info/fw/nuvi/2xx/fw_nu...0+tracklog.rar

Select Nuvi in the list. Click ok and proceed. Agree with updater if any additional messages appeared.

After successful flashing unit restarts.

Now your Nuvi is fully operational and has following updates:

- in the Speedometer menu you can press it and immediately get to the hidden menu
                        - then click NEXT and you will get TRACKLOG MENU.

Use wNutrak from this page:
                        www.anpo.republika.pl/download.html
                        to handle your tracks in mapsource.
                        Cool Let me try this one..

Comment

Hi There,

I am also a Nuvi200w user. Unfortunately, my PartNumber is different from the instructions above. I would like to upgrade to a higher model which has tracking/routing functions. Any reco ?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bayonic View Post
                            Hi There,

I am also a Nuvi200w user. Unfortunately, my PartNumber is different from the instructions above. I would like to upgrade to a higher model which has tracking/routing functions. Any reco ?

thanks
                            Hi,

Have the same unit as yours. I just bought a data logger for recording tracks. The experts don't recommend nuvi for tracklogs as it is less accurate than other models. Or you can upgrade to other Garmin models (not nuvi) with tracklog function but I think it will cost you more.

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                              Hi,

Have the same unit as yours. I just bought a data logger for recording tracks. The experts don't recommend nuvi for tracklogs as it is less accurate than other models. Or you can upgrade to other Garmin models (not nuvi) with tracklog function but I think it will cost you more.
                              amen.
                              How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Dear Admins,

I can't get the demo map to work on my Nuvi 200. Tried using mapsource but it says the map is locked. Is there anyway I can pay for a copy of the more detailed contributor's map? I'm eager to support the local GPS community, however, I'm so new to this that I'm still learning the ropes. If money is no good, then I'm willing to be your slave for a day. I can cook, and do laundry.

CHEERS!

Comment

Working...
                                X