Nuvi 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the demo map cant be used in a gps.

only data contributions will get you an upgrade.

Originally posted by rednaxela View Post
    Dear Admins,

I can't get the demo map to work on my Nuvi 200. Tried using mapsource but it says the map is locked. Is there anyway I can pay for a copy of the more detailed contributor's map? I'm eager to support the local GPS community, however, I'm so new to this that I'm still learning the ropes. If money is no good, then I'm willing to be your slave for a day. I can cook, and do laundry.

CHEERS!
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Oh I see. Well, I guess I gotta learn to contribute soon then. Thanks Jan.

Comment

Latest Nuvi 200 has tracklog feature

I just bought a Nuvi 200 from Wal-Mart. I tried to apply the tracklog hack to no avail. When I checked the HW ID I got:

<Model>
        <PartNumber>006-B0851-00</PartNumber>
        <SoftwareVersion>460</SoftwareVersion>
        <Description>nüvi 200</Description>
        </Model>

The B0851 HW ID is the same as the Nuvi 205. When I updated to the latest software (4.60) I was surprised to see a trip log selection in the Tools:Map menu. (See attached jpg) Selecting show displayed all my trips on the map and allows me to download the tracks with Mapsource.

FWIW
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by du1jec View Post
          I just bought a Nuvi 200 from Wal-Mart. I tried to apply the tracklog hack to no avail. When I checked the HW ID I got:

<Model>
          <PartNumber>006-B0851-00</PartNumber>
          <SoftwareVersion>460</SoftwareVersion>
          <Description>nüvi 200</Description>
          </Model>

The B0851 HW ID is the same as the Nuvi 205. When I updated to the latest software (4.60) I was surprised to see a trip log selection in the Tools:Map menu. (See attached jpg) Selecting show displayed all my trips on the map and allows me to download the tracks with Mapsource.

FWIW
          Good to hear that!

The tracks though recorded with Nuvi's may not be entirely usable as the tracks are of lower quality/resolution.

Thanks!

Comment

I'll record some tracks this afternoon and send it to you. Let me know how they come out.

Comment

newbie here with nuvi 200

Comment

Originally posted by matanglawin View Post
                Hi everyone! I have been using my Garmin Nuvi 205 for almost a month already. From what I've read, besides being able to save tracks, the 205 is almost the same as the 200. I'm still learning how to use mapsource and hope to contribute tracks to the community in the near future. I'm currently working on supplying the names for the streets (with traffic flow directions) in Batangas City (my hometown) and provide the tracks for the Star Toll extension from Lipa City to Batangas City.
                I am wondering how to contribute to updating the map using Garmin nuvi 200 - how to add or change street names and creating new roads from actual travel of the GPS in the car. Is this what you call 'tracks'. I was thinking if I can tell Garmin to start a new track and name the street then it can update the map. Commands like telling start of a street, end of a street, etc. Sorry, I'm a newbie. Thanks to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhardan View Post
                  I am wondering how to contribute to updating the map using Garmin nuvi 200 - how to add or change street names and creating new roads from actual travel of the GPS in the car. Is this what you call 'tracks'. I was thinking if I can tell Garmin to start a new track and name the street then it can update the map. Commands like telling start of a street, end of a street, etc. Sorry, I'm a newbie. Thanks to all.
                  Pls read and understand the FAQ's and "How to's" in this forum....

Comment

im using nuvi 200 since nov 2008. while navigating. the maps automatically zoom me to minimal plus 1. i can almost see the whole ph map.

even changing back to the maximum - 2. using 3D settings.

few weeks back, tried creating a waypoint and load it to my garmin but since it doesnt work, i already removed it but still my unit always zoom out while navigating...

Comment

Originally posted by jlmedes View Post
                      im using nuvi 200 since nov 2008. while navigating. the maps automatically zoom me to minimal plus 1. i can almost see the whole ph map.

even changing back to the maximum - 2. using 3D settings.

few weeks back, tried creating a waypoint and load it to my garmin but since it doesnt work, i already removed it but still my unit always zoom out while navigating...
                      try upgrading the software and/or the supplemental map (gmapsupp.img)

Comment

QWERTY Keyboard for Nuvi 200

I was strugling with the ABC keyboards of my Nuvi 200 so searched the net for solutions and found this:

I summarized so its easy to follow:

1. Open directory: "\Garmin\Text" of your GPS
                        2. Using a Text editor (I use "Notepad") Open "British_English.gtt" (I used this because I cant find American English")
                        3. Edit the keyboard layout as follows (Edited is in Bold)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
                        <gtt xmlns="http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/GarminTextTranslation/v1" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/GarminTextTranslation/v1 http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/GarminTextTranslationv1.xsd" >
                        <hdr>
                        <lang>Custom Keyboard</lang>
                        <desc>Custom Keyboard</desc>
                        <type>Primary</type>
                        <sort>0</sort>
                        <cpage>65001</cpage>
                        <pnum>006-D0981-03</pnum>
                        <ver>2.30</ver>
                        <upperkbrd>123456789QWERTYUIOASDFGHJKLZXCVBNM,. 0 P</upperkbrd>
                        <lowerkbrd>123456789qwertyuioasdfghjklzxcvbnm,. 0 p</lowerkbrd>
                        <maplang>British English</maplang>
                        <gdnclang>British English</gdnclang>

4. Save As Custom.gtt (Or whatever name you prefer)
                        5. Select your custom key board from the settings menu of your GPS.

Since the maximum caracters of the keyboard is 9 char horizontal and 5 char vertical, I put the "p" and "0" at the fifth row.

Typing is now so much easier!

Comment

garmin 200

[QUOTE=wilfy819;41]Hello!

where can i download the map of the philippines and how do i install it to my garmin 200 gps..

Comment

Where can I find the best price for NUVI 200 in Manila? I checked the price from a few car shops and they're selling it for P12,000. I prefer to buy them here rather than abroad.

Comment

Originally posted by snorkle View Post
                              Where can I find the best price for NUVI 200 in Manila? I checked the price from a few car shops and they're selling it for P12,000. I prefer to buy them here rather than abroad.
                              why throw away money? buy it overseas.
                              How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

hi, boss Jan is right it is too expensive to buy your GPS here, if you have friends overseas let them buy for you,big savings, just got my nuvi750 last wk. for less than $250,now it is much cheaper kc discontinued na production nya but the functions are great, I enjoyed using it with mp3 and fm transmitter, now i'm trying to learn how to contribute and that's the hard part for me coz i'm not that good in pc but surely i will try...

Comment

Working...
                                X