No announcement yet.

Nuvi 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jan and conan914 are right. it is much cheaper to buy a gps from overseas, say the US. a nuvi 200 goes for about $120 at walmart, for example. there are sites where you can find refurbished units (factory reconditioned units) that even cost less and ship to an overseas address.

Comment

Which NUVI model do you recommend? I just want a basic one with a big easy to read screen, marking waypoints, edit the maps, and the ability to upload and download them in this site. As I understand, only NUVI 200 is hacked. Does that mean only the NUVI 200 can make use of the roadguide.ph updated maps?

Comment

Originally posted by snorkle View Post
        Does that mean only the NUVI 200 can make use of the roadguide.ph updated maps?
        no. all nuvis can use the map
        How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Hey all, I am from the Philippines and would like to contribute in making our maps more detailed. Please tell me how I can contribute. I am from Pampanga and I drive around all the time and would like to help. What is this hack that the Thread Starter mentioned? Will this enable us to record and produce like a pathway or a map of the locations where we go to ?

Anyway I am using a Garmin Nuvi 200w. My friend gave it to me as a gift. So far so good.

Comment

sorry. not allowed,jan
            Last edited by Jan; 04-03-2009, 22:52. Reason: forum violation

Comment

Garmin Nuvi 260w

Hi! I was able to download the free map in 2011. It's very useful when I go to places where I have never been to, instead of using an actual map/book which I own. We are planning to go to Camsur next month and I plan to contribute, it's about time I pay it forward...

Comment

Working...
              X