nuvi 255

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nuvi 255

somebody can help me how to download specific place here in manila..any website that can help me..

thank you...

Originally posted by bob_bautista25@yahoo.com View Post
    somebody can help me how to download specific place here in manila..any website that can help me..

thank you...
    Hi Bob. Please re-phrase your question and tell us what it is you're trying to do or achieve so we can respond better...

Comment

thank you...

hi bob,

if you need maps or directions within manila, try maps.google.com
      GMail behind a proxy [gmlclnt.tk]

Comment

nuvi 255

how to dowload other maps like provinces

Comment

i mean is more specific st. with in metro and provinces

Comment

i mean is more specific st. with in metro and provinces
            You are in the right place now . Please download the Roadguide standard map and demo map and see if what you're looking for is there...

Comment

Nuvi 255 - Unlocking the stick to road (road lock)

Hello.
              I have been trying to apply the 1-sec tracking (aka Easter egg?) on my Nuvi 255 and it seems that it tends to force the trip logging to jump to existing adjacent roads instead. This therefore results to a messed up track log. Is there a way to unlock this stick to road feature on the Nuvi 255 so recording of missing roads on the current map can be recorded? TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                Hello.
                I have been trying to apply the 1-sec tracking (aka Easter egg?) on my Nuvi 255 and it seems that it tends to force the trip logging to jump to existing adjacent roads instead. This therefore results to a messed up track log. Is there a way to unlock this stick to road feature on the Nuvi 255 so recording of missing roads on the current map can be recorded? TIA
                for nuvi, stick to road is automatic disabled if you press the easter egg recording(1234).
                but on the display while travelling, your car icon will still stick to road.
                Last edited by hbt; 04-27-2010, 09:44.
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Nuvi 255 1-sec tracking

Are you sure? I was trying to easter egg record (1234 fr 'Where am I') a missing road loop on the demo map that is close to 2 existing roads and the resulting dots obtained fr the recorded .gpx file showed the dots being forced to lock to either of the 2 roads whichever gets closer to the car location. Hence, I couldn't get a clean plot to show the road loop but instead tracks krisscrossing between the 2 roads. Is there something I may be doing wrong or is my hunch right that the stick to road is not getting disabled? This stick to road is showing both on the GPS display and on the easter egg recording.
                  Originally posted by hbt View Post
                  for nuvi, stick to road is automatic disabled if you press the easter egg recording(1234).
                  but on the display while travelling, your car icon will still stick to road.

Comment

Are you sure? I was trying to easter egg record (1234 fr 'Where am I') a missing road loop on the demo map that is close to 2 existing roads and the resulting dots obtained fr the recorded .gpx file showed the dots being forced to lock to either of the 2 roads whichever gets closer to the car location. Hence, I couldn't get a clean plot to show the road loop but instead tracks krisscrossing between the 2 roads. Is there something I may be doing wrong or is my hunch right that the stick to road is not getting disabled? This stick to road is showing both on the GPS display and on the easter egg recording.

i think what you are looking at is the ordinary nuvi tracks.

few question...
                    did you get the gps.bin and convert via wnutrck? if not then its the ordinary nuvi tracks that you are looking at not the 1 sec. tracks
                    next, can you submit the tracks here so that we can take a look at it and see if its 1 sec.

thanks
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

Comment

Yes I got the recorded gps.bin fr the 'Logs' folder on the Garmin device then converted it to .gpx file using wNutrak then received the .gpx file fr device to 1.13 Demo map in Mapsource. I will try to re-record it and submit to you the .gpx and .gdb files once I switched back to the RoadGuide std map. I have been using the OSM Ph map version on my Garmin for the time being while I have not been converted to contributor status. It has a lot more details for Baguio than the Std map.

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                      i think what you are looking at is the ordinary nuvi tracks.

few question...
                      did you get the gps.bin and convert via wnutrck? if not then its the ordinary nuvi tracks that you are looking at not the 1 sec. tracks
                      next, can you submit the tracks here so that we can take a look at it and see if its 1 sec.

thanks

Comment

Yes I got the recorded gps.bin fr the 'Logs' folder on the Garmin device then converted it to .gpx file using wNutrak then received the .gpx file fr device to 1.13 Demo map in Mapsource. I will try to re-record it and submit to you the .gpx and .gdb files once I switched back to the RoadGuide std map. I have been using the OSM Ph map version on my Garmin for the time being while I have not been converted to contributor status. It has a lot more details for Baguio than the Std map.
                        afaik... even our standard map is more detailed than the osm map especially now that we are using v1.07 as our standard map. check their camp allen
                        maybe you didnt install the latest standard map.
                        but anyways... please upload your 1 sec. tracks
                        - Bruce Lee

Comment

you can submit your recorded tracks. no need to track it again.
                          tracks are independent from map.
                          pls upload your gpx file so we could take a look.
                          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Nuvi 255 Easter egg tracking

Thanks for helping look into this. Attached are the recorded results and other files for yr reference and comment.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I forgot to mention that on the recorded track (.gpx file) that the supposed road loop is covered fr Index 15 to 31 on the track properties. I also noted that on some of the Index points the 1-sec interval is not followed. Looking forward to yr feedback.
                              Thanks for helping look into this. Attached are the recorded results and other files for yr reference and comment.

Comment

Working...
                              X