nuvi 255

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
    Thanks for helping look into this. Attached are the recorded results and other files for yr reference and comment.

the gpx tracks is the easter egg as you see on the properties leg time is 1 sec.

while the other (gdb file) is just ordinary nuvi tracks

you can submit the easter egg track(gpx), while the gdb as you can see sticks to any road
    Last edited by hbt; 04-27-2010, 22:48.
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Thks HBT for the very quick response. I however am still not clear on how do I see the resulting easter egg track that I recorded. There is suppose to be a road loop generated via the 1-sec tracking fr Index 15 to 31 of the track properties that is obviously not being displayed on the .gbl file. Is there another way for me to view the actual easter egg plot so I know what I am submitting is correct? Let me know if my inquiry is not making sense to you?

Originally posted by hbt View Post
      the gpx tracks is the easter egg as you see on the properties leg time is 1 sec.

while the other (gdb file) is just ordinary nuvi tracks

you can submit the easter egg track(gpx), while the gdb as you can see sticks to any road

Comment

Thks HBT for the very quick response. I however am still not clear on how do I see the resulting easter egg track that I recorded. There is suppose to be a road loop generated via the 1-sec tracking fr Index 15 to 31 of the track properties that is obviously not being displayed on the .gbl file. Is there another way for me to view the actual easter egg plot so I know what I am submitting is correct? Let me know if my inquiry is not making sense to you?

sorry it doesnt. but.....

heres the step by step
        do the 1234, get the folder containing the gps.bin and convert that via wnutrak,open the gpx file at the mapsource to see if the road is existing or not on the latest map(if your contributor status) or the latest demo (if your a junior member)

if the road is existing, submit it at the tracks correction thread. while if the track is not on the map then its a new track right, submit it in the üpload your (new) track thread.

never mind the ordinary nuvi track if your nuvi is equipt with the easter egg recording feature

hope its clear
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

Comment

Let me try again re-phrase the scenario. The road loop is actually not existing on the latest demo that is why I generated an easter egg recording of it (.gpx file sent to you) for a possible submission for map update. The 1.13 demo map has 2 roads close to where this new road loop is supposed to be. These 2 roads actually do not exist and I have already submitted these for deletion earlier. However the easter egg recording results as shown on the .qdb file that I also sent you show a 'stick to road' plot to these 2 non-existing roads thereby distorting and eliminate showing the supposed new road loop recording. The .gpx and .gdb files of these are what I just forwarded. Let me know if this now makes sense and would really appreciate yr help and clarification on this. TIA

heres the step by step
          do the 1234, get the folder containing the gps.bin and convert that via wnutrak,open the gpx file at the mapsource to see if the road is existing or not on the latest map(if your contributor status) or the latest demo (if your a junior member)

if the road is existing, submit it at the tracks correction thread. while if the track is not on the map then its a new track right, submit it in the üpload your (new) track thread.

never mind the ordinary nuvi track if your nuvi is equipt with the easter egg recording feature

hope its clear

Comment

Let me try again re-phrase the scenario. The road loop is actually not existing on the latest demo that is why I generated an easter egg recording of it (.gpx file sent to you) for a possible submission for map update. The 1.13 demo map has 2 roads close to where this new road loop is supposed to be. These 2 roads actually do not exist and I have already submitted these for deletion earlier. However the easter egg recording results as shown on the .qdb file that I also sent you show a 'stick to road' plot to these 2 non-existing roads thereby distorting and eliminate showing the supposed new road loop recording. The .gpx and .gdb files of these are what I just forwarded. Let me know if this now makes sense and would really appreciate yr help and clarification on this. TIA
            hi lonestar,

you have already submitted the delete road file, so no problem there. you will see that it is deleted on the next map version v1.14. for now, you will still see it even if you become a contributor.
            as for your 1-sec track (gpx). pls edit it so that it will look exactly with the same conformity of the actual road then submit it at new tracks. the reason for editing it is to make sure that the map will look exactly like the way it looks on the actual site so that the driver will not be confused.

here's what you will do. on your 1-sec (gpx) file, cut the areas where the tracks are already on the map (in accordance to actual existence). do not mind the road that should not be there because you already submitted correction for it. once processed on next mapversion, it will not be there anymore since you have already submitted the correction for that. concentrate now on submitting what is supposed to be there.

pls do not mind the gdb file (non 1-sec track) file because it plots the road you passed. sadly enough our 255w does not have a stick to road on-off feature. the car icon will always be on the road (no matter what you do), but no need to worry as the tracks generated by easter egg will be the actual one since the easter egg tracks are independent on the roads on the map.

i hope this is the answer/explanation you are looking for.
            Last edited by doki; 04-28-2010, 12:34.

Comment

Thanks Doki for taking time to enlighten me on what can be done and the limitation of the Nuvi 255 tracking capability. I now understand my options to deal with the situation. I was hesitant to send the .gdb as is since I do not want to get the new version updated as how I saw .gpx results came out. Thanks for confirming that I can actually edit the .gpx file to align more to the actual road contour. Again thanks a lot for yr patience.

Originally posted by doki View Post
              hi lonestar,
              you have already submitted the delete road file, so no problem there. you will see that it is deleted on the next map version v1.14. for now, you will still see it even if you are already a contributor.
              as for your 1-sec track (gpx). pls edit it so that it will look exactly with the same conformity of the actual road then submit it at new tracks. the reason for editing it is to make sure that the map will look exactly like the way it looks on the actual site so that the driver will not be confused.

here's what you will do. on your 1-sec (gpx) file, cut the areas where the tracks are already on the map (in accordance to actual existence). do not mind the road that should not be there because you already submitted correction for it. once processed on next mapversion, it will not be there anymore since you have already submitted the correction for that. concentrate now on submitting what is supposed to be there.

pls do not mind the gdb file (non 1-sec track) file because it plots the road you passed. sadly enough our 255w does not have a stick to road on-off feature. the car icon will always be on the road (no matter what you do), but no need to worry as the tracks generated by easter egg will be the actual one since the easter egg tracks are independent on the roads on the map.

Comment

Thanks Doki for taking time to enlighten me on what can be done and the limitation of the Nuvi 255 tracking capability. I now understand my options to deal with the situation. I was hesitant to send the .gdb as is since I do not want to get the new version updated as how I saw .gpx results came out. Thanks for confirming that I can actually edit the .gpx file to align more to the actual road contour. Again thanks a lot for yr patience.
                you're welcome sir.

by the way, i forgot to mention that the reason why we are telling you to disregard the gdb (non 1-sec) track file you have is that it is not acceptable because of the distortion you also mentioned. do not be concerned with that because, when your car goes to an uncharted area (where no roads available yet on the map), your nuvi will automatically re-adjust on the nearest road available. it will look like you are traveling on the other road (where in reality, you are not).
                as i have mentioned before and also as mentioned by kuya hbt, the car automatically sticks to the nearest road. the nuvi will then be confused in deciding which one is the nearest, thus, it jumps from one road to another depending on the nearest available road. however, this is not a problem with easter egg because it does not rely on the map. it's like that the easter egg always records on a clean slate.
                Last edited by doki; 04-28-2010, 12:44.

Comment

Hello Doki.

Would you happen to know which Nuvi model has the 'stick to road' on/off feature?

Also, I noted that once you do the "Received fr device" of the .gpx file to mapsource that you won't be able to do it again even if the .gpx file is still in the 'Logs' folder of the Nuvi. Is that a true statement or am I missing something here? Appreciate yr feedback/comment on this. TIA
                  Originally posted by doki View Post
                  hi lonestar,

you have already submitted the delete road file, so no problem there. you will see that it is deleted on the next map version v1.14. for now, you will still see it even if you become a contributor.

Comment

heres the step by step

hope its clear
                    pa join na din. guys i seem to b having problems using the wnutrck. i go to the Logs folder in garmin and put that into the input: G:\Garmin\Logs\20100504_030037
                    then i place the appropriate output directory. but wnutrck is saying 0 files converted? and when i look into the logs directory in my 255w it only has 2 files in the folder "nav" and "traffic". i rcorded several tracks using the easter egg already but i can only see them in the tracks from the device downloads. so here is my question:

I want to contribute tracks/routes using easter egg. If i'm using the 255w how do i extract data from the device and convert it using wnutrck?

Comment

Originally posted by madjohn View Post
                      pa join na din. guys i seem to b having problems using the wnutrck. i go to the Logs folder in garmin and put that into the input: G:\Garmin\Logs\20100504_030037
                      then i place the appropriate output directory. but wnutrck is saying 0 files converted? and when i look into the logs directory in my 255w it only has 2 files in the folder "nav" and "traffic". i rcorded several tracks using the easter egg already but i can only see them in the tracks from the device downloads. so here is my question:

I want to contribute tracks/routes using easter egg. If i'm using the 255w how do i extract data from the device and convert it using wnutrck?
                      actually your procedure is correct already. its just that... 1. the gps.bin maybe hiding inside the debug folder(or other folder) or 2. it didnt record correctly thats why you have 0 converts

so you'll have to try again.
                      so how do you know if you have recorded it correctly that very moment, the answer is pray that you have it. hahaha
                      - Bruce Lee

Comment

Working...
                      X