Plan to buy Nuvi 205 in US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everybody! I went to the States and my brother is using a gps. And then when I arrived here, I was thinking of buying one. I saw one. Garmin Nuvi 205. It costs P15,000.00. A bit costly. Now I was thinking of buying one in the States. It costs about $120. But I need to download a Philippine Map or do some programming probably.

How can I do it so that if I buy there(US), I will be able to use here.

Originally posted by elviezamora View Post
    Hello everybody! I went to the States and my brother is using a gps. And then when I arrived here, I was thinking of buying one. I saw one. Garmin Nuvi 205. It costs P15,000.00. A bit costly. Now I was thinking of buying one in the States. It costs about $120. But I need to download a Philippine Map or do some programming probably.

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=6

that easy.

time to do:
    time to download plus maximum 5 minutes normally
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

I was thinking of buying one. I saw one. Garmin Nuvi 205. It costs P15,000.00. A bit costly. Now I was thinking of buying one in the States. It costs about $120. But I need to download a Philippine Map or do some programming probably.

Our advice: buy it in the US. Then download the free standard map of Roadguide. As Jan says, it won't take you more than 5 mins to load the Philippine map into the Nuvi. And you don't have to be a programmer either to install the map or to use mapsource. Then be a contributor so you get to use the awesome updated contributor's map, also for FREE....

Comment

Oh really. But if I buy there, how can i be assured that I will be able to download and use here. I will be getting crazy if I buy there and then not use here and then I cannot return to the store anymore. I am willing to contribute talent on this org.

May I learn how to download first?

Comment

Oh really. But if I buy there, how can i be assured that I will be able to download and use here. I will be getting crazy if I buy there and then not use here and then I cannot return to the store anymore. I am willing to contribute talent on this org.

Please read on Jan's first post;

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=6

This will guide you through....

Comment

Oh really. But if I buy there, how can i be assured that I will be able to download and use here.
            Guess you'll just have to trust us when we say it can be done. If you care to search this forum you'll find out soon enough. And where do you think those locals who sell nuvi's get their stock? Anyways, it's your money & your call...

Comment

i can assure you that units bought in the states will work perfectly fine here. im speaking from experience hehehe. just download the free philippine map in the download section. then read the how to section to start contributing and get the upgraded map. i started from scratch and i knew nothing about programming and stuff, just patiently reading the instructions here helped me get through. goodluck

Comment

My nuvi was bought in US. And its working perfectly with our Roadguide map.
                Im sure you will be able to get through. Just take time reading thru the threads. If there are unclear portions, post your question and we will answer it for you.
                FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

hi elvie,

garmin and roadguide map = coffee and milk
                  Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                  - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                    My nuvi was bought in US. And its working perfectly with our Roadguide map.
                    Im sure you will be able to get through. Just take time reading thru the threads. If there are unclear portions, post your question and we will answer it for you.
                    same as my unit nuvi 205 bought at Bestbuy its working like a charm

Comment

My 255 came from Canada. It was $146 canadian. Working like a charm in the Philippines. Currently Tracking in Cabanatuan. Wasn't that hard to download the free map as well. Plenty of instructions available.

Comment

mine was bought from the US, works perfectly. i saw one that was bought from singapore, another from Taiwan (where units can be bought the cheapest), and all works flawlessly
                        no waypoint left unturned

Comment

same here sir. . . . bought my Nuvi 205 in Florida and have since been using it here in the Philippines without any problems.....
                          Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often

Comment

bought my 265WT at ebay and was shipped from Chicago.. still working.. no problems..

Comment

I just bought a Nuvi 205 in Best Buy here in Atlanta, Georgia. US$109 + tax na lang pala siya ngayon...so US$118 in total. This one replaces my 1st 205 that was rendered useless by the recent flood that hit eastern Metro Manila. US$ 170+ ang bili ko noong una.

Sana mabigyan ulit ako ni Judge ng code pagbalik ko sa Pinas.

Comment

Working...
                              X