Garmin Battery Replacement in Ph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin Battery Replacement in Ph

How easy is it for you to get a new battery for your GPS in the Philippines? There is a lot of annoyed Garmin users here in the US as the batteries are not lasting long, maybe 2 years or so. The units do not come with easily replaceable batteries. Garmin wants to charge an arm and a leg to replace them and people are upset about it. Why make a battery operated device with a design that makes it hard to replace the battery?

I found this site and a lot of people are replacing the batteries on their own for much cheaper.

http://www.batteryship.com/htmlos/ht...?vendor=Garmin

Thanks for the site. Am sure we'll need a battery replacent in the future. From the sound of it, they said this should be an easy DIY.

Comment

Thanks for the info! Will check it out in the future.

Comment

Battery replacement in Manila

Hi guys! I have an older Nuvi 680 with a battery that needs replacing. Do you know of any stores/shops in Manila (i.e. Greenhills) that has replacement batteries already available? Can you recommend a reliable person/shop? I'd rather have competent people replace the battery too as I am not comfortable replacing it myself. Appreciate your help. Thanks!

Comment

Looking for a suitable battery is, I think, the easy part. I imagine that some replacement iPod or gadget solder-on batteries available from just about anywhere can probably be used on most Garmin units (save for the few models which have user-replaceable proprietary batteries like the 855). Just find a Li-Poly pack that can physically fit in the battery cavity of your Nuvi. You can even have an option of getting a pack that has a bigger capacity, for as long as it still fits inside the Nuvi.

The challenge is really the disassembly of the sealed GPS case without damaging it so much. But given a bit a of patience and a knack on the soldering iron, replacing the battery yourself is still a viable solution.

Do it right; Do it yourself.
          There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by Blisterpak View Post
            Hi guys! I have an older Nuvi 680 with a battery that needs replacing. Do you know of any stores/shops in Manila (i.e. Greenhills) that has replacement batteries already available? Can you recommend a reliable person/shop? I'd rather have competent people replace the battery too as I am not comfortable replacing it myself. Appreciate your help. Thanks!
            Pls check this link. Battery might be the same? Pls check
            http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=3289

Comment

Originally posted by Blisterpak View Post
              Try this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pbOknpt2Qo Replace my garmin 760 battery after watching it on you tube.

Comment

Working...
              X