Help with nuvi 255w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with nuvi 255w

HI to all. Got myself a new nuvi 255W. upgrade the firmware to 6.10 via webupdater from garmin site. Loaded the roadguide philippine map 5.08. Everything was fine until i added another philippine map which i have been using on my GMXT. But when i start my nuvi it's stock on loading maps. was trying to hard reset it but my nuvi has no reset button. already tried to reset by pressing the bottom right corner of the screen and sliding the power on but it did not work also. is there any other options to hard reset the unit? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks and Good Day to all.

Originally posted by eragon View Post
    HI to all. Got myself a new nuvi 255W. upgrade the firmware to 6.10 via webupdater from garmin site. Loaded the roadguide philippine map 5.08. Everything was fine until i added another philippine map which i have been using on my GMXT. But when i start my nuvi it's stock on loading maps. was trying to hard reset it but my nuvi has no reset button. already tried to reset by pressing the bottom right corner of the screen and sliding the power on but it did not work also. is there any other options to hard reset the unit? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks and Good Day to all.

hi sir eragon,
    i think you brick the unit.

try plugging it to the computer and see if you can open the garmin drive. if youy can open the garmin drive, delete the gmapsupp. if not, you brick it and you have to send it to garmin taiwan and have it repaired. it will cost you roughly 3000.00 pesos.
    so its your call...
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Try to slide the power switch to the left for 8 seconds or more.

Comment

The 255W does have an undocumented reset button hidden directly under the serial number sticker (the side where the USB port is located). I also have a 255W and I can feel the extra hole (besides the screw hole) under the sticker.

The catch is, there's no way of poking it without removing the sticker or punching a hole through it. Either way, you'll probably have to destroy the sticker.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by oj88 View Post
          The 255W does have an undocumented reset button hidden directly under the serial number sticker (the side where the USB port is located). I also have a 255W and I can feel the extra hole (besides the screw hole) under the sticker.

The catch is, there's no way of poking it without removing the sticker or punching a hole through it. Either way, you'll probably have to destroy the sticker.

Nice one oj.

Comment

Thanks guys. Got my nuvi back from the dead. hehehe
            OT. is it ok to join your EB next week?
            Again tnx for the advice guys.

Comment

Thanks guys. Got my nuvi back from the dead. hehehe
              OT. is it ok to join your EB next week?
              Again tnx for the advice guys.

of course its ok.

youre very welcome to join. sensei REIJI is the best teacher of FUNG FU MAPPING
              just sign up
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

Comment

nice tuto.i got one too.

Comment

255 no sattelite

hi guys noob here. i just got nuvi 255W. my boss purchased one for me in the US. will this work in the PH? its saying that cand find sattelite .

i used mapsource to upload maps POIs and stuff but its still showing a car that's in LA

Please help

Comment

Originally posted by madjohn View Post
                    hi guys noob here. i just got nuvi 255W. my boss purchased one for me in the US. will this work in the PH? its saying that cand find sattelite .

i used mapsource to upload maps POIs and stuff but its still showing a car that's in LA

Please help
                    go to an open area where there are no building obstructing the sky then wait. 1st sat. lock always takes a lot of time
                    - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                      go to an open area where there are no building obstructing the sky then wait. 1st sat. lock always takes a lot of time

many thanks for the quick reply, will go to the fort later. i'm here at ayala/paseo (insular life building) right now so i guess its just a case of bad signal.

Comment

Originally posted by madjohn View Post
                        many thanks for the quick reply, will go to the fort later. i'm here at ayala/paseo (insular life building) right now so i guess its just a case of bad signal.
                        lots of building there.
                        we (me and kuya reiji) tried acquiring signal once there, it took us about 30 mins. to get a lock.
                        lots of BIG things there diba kuya reiji
                        - Bruce Lee

Comment

it worked, whew i thought it wasn't compatible since it was purchased in the US. my first baby step into the GPS community

Comment

lots of building there.
                            we (me and kuya reiji) tried acquiring signal once there, it took us about 30 mins. to get a lock.
                            that's not the story i heard....
                            How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

lots of building there.
                              i was the one looking for a signal....you were looking at those big things.
                              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Working...
                              X