Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help..nuvi205 users

greetings,

my antivirus detected that the POI.exe inside Garmin/POI folder as a virus and i accidentally deleted it(POI.exe).

would it be possible for you guys to share and send me the POI.exe file on your 205's.

many thanks and more power
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often

Originally posted by PushingTin View Post
    greetings,

my antivirus detected that the POI.exe inside Garmin/POI folder as a virus and i accidentally deleted it(POI.exe).

would it be possible for you guys to share and send me the POI.exe file on your 205's.

hi sir pushingtin,
    try to reinstall the 1.09 version, and see if it will create the poi.exe.
    if not i have a nuvi 205.
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

sir hbt,

can you just take a look at your folders inside your 205 main memory.. coz almost all the folders in mine have exe files..such as vehicles, voice, help and so on... and my antivirus detects that its all viruses... my guess is those files are indeed viruses.

thanks and will be waiting for your feedback

Comment

sir hbt,

can you just take a look at your folders inside your 205 main memory.. coz almost all the folders in mine have exe files..such as vehicles, voice, help and so on... and my antivirus detects that its all viruses... my guess is those files are indeed viruses.

thanks and will be waiting for your feedback
        everytime that you plug your nuvi to the computer your antivirus will detects right. theres no virus. your antivirus is just too sensitive.

what antivius are you using btw

and if you can post a screenshot
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
          everytime that you plug your nuvi to the computer your antivirus will detects right. theres no virus. your antivirus is just too sensitive.

what antivius are you using btw

and if you can post a screenshot
          it (the virus) doesn't show up or is detected when i plug my gps into the pc, but when i open up the garmin folder, for example i open up Garmin/JPeg folder, there is a jpeg.exe file inside jpeg folder that shows up as a virus, same as when i open the Garmin/Voice folder, there shows up a voice.exe file that shows up as a virus.

that's why i am asking you sir if there is indeed a file like jpeg.exe or poi.exe inside those folders with the same name

m using avira anti virus

thanks again sir

Comment

it (the virus) doesn't show up or is detected when i plug my gps into the pc, but when i open up the garmin folder, for example i open up Garmin/JPeg folder, there is a jpeg.exe file inside jpeg folder that shows up as a virus, same as when i open the Garmin/Voice folder, there shows up a voice.exe file that shows up as a virus.

that's why i am asking you sir if there is indeed a file like jpeg.exe or poi.exe inside those folders with the same name

m using avira anti virus

thanks again sir
            Hi PushingTin,

Those are definitely virus. There are no files in the Garmin Folder with file extension .exe. I encountered that type of virus once. This virus creates and installs an .exe file in every folder with the name of the host folder. Normally my antivirus (AVG) could clean up all those files.
            See FAQ for Newbies below
            Click Here

Comment

greetings,

Hi PushingTin,

The file you deleted is indeed a virus. The name of the legitimate file which is supposed to be inside POI Folder is poi.gpi and not poi.exe.
              See FAQ for Newbies below
              Click Here

Comment

m using avira anti virus

thanks again sir
                i think rg2k is correct.
                my nuvi doesnt have any exe file as youve mentioned.
                maybe you have plugged in your nuvi somewhere unsafe.
                try deleting those classified as virus and see if it will work again.
                FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

i agree with lolo reiji and kuya rg2k. theres no exe files inside the folders. i think the exe files are viruses. try to remove them
                  btw... did you back up your files before?
                  - Bruce Lee

Comment

sirs,

i deleted the exe files and my gps still works fine... it was definitely a virus.

many thanks guys...

more power

Comment

sirs,

i deleted the exe files and my gps still works fine... it was definitely a virus.

many thanks guys...

more power

hi sir,

thats nice to hear. may i ask, did u put some music ordid you plug your nuvi to another computer?
                      - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                        hi sir,

thats nice to hear. may i ask, did u put some music ordid you plug your nuvi to another computer?

sir,

i did plug it in to another computer, that's where i probably got the virus...

lesson learned!

thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                        X