255w vs 765T vs 855

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
    Youll get moneys worth w 255w if youll using it here in Phils.
    hi Reiji,

does the 255w display poi's when in actual route?

Comment

Originally posted by Liv View Post
      hi Reiji,

does the 255w display poi's when in actual route?
      no ma'am.
      same display with my 760. i guess u.s models dont display poi's in 3d.
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

255w user here.

255w has no jack for external antenna. that may help you get lock in satellite if your in place with high buildings like in makati area.

Comment

Originally posted by melchorcatolico View Post
          255w user here.

255w has no jack for external antenna. that may help you get lock in satellite if your in place with high buildings like in makati area.
          agree.i noticed that on my 255W too

Comment

my new 255W (hwid=1091) does not have 1s logging ... the easter egg menu comes up, starts recording, but does not produce 1s track data

Comment

Originally posted by kinyo View Post
              my new 255W (hwid=1091) does not have 1s logging ... the easter egg menu comes up, starts recording, but does not produce 1s track data

hi. did you use wnutrak in extracting the tracks?
              if not, download it here http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....6&postcount=15

Comment

Originally posted by doki View Post
                hi. did you use wnutrak in extracting the tracks?
                if not, download it here http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....6&postcount=15
                sir doki, there is nothing to extract ... no gps.bin file was saved anywhere ... with or without easter egg menu doing the recording, only the usual lo-res tracks are available and retrievable with mapsource (no need for wnutrak conversion)

wnutrak cannot find any file to convert ... the subdirectories named with date/time-style are created when easter egg starts recording, but no gps.bin file are saved on them

Comment

Don't try to extract 1-sec log files using MapSource. Open a window in Explorer and search for an external drive normally named "Garmin." Within that drive is a folder named "Logs." Within that folder are the folders that are created each time you power the unit up when 1-sec logging is enabled. That's where your files are. You can copy and past the .gps files and use Nutrak to convert. Note - on my Nuvi 500, that's the procedure. On some other Nuvi's, the logs are in different folders.
                  Experiencia Docet

Comment

Originally posted by MFB View Post
                    If you want to see poi icons while on a route, purchase a taiwan version instead. This will also allow you to see all name roads (more than what the us version is)

855 aside from route planning also has a special feature not commonly advertised. Its Custom avoidance :-) You can easily mark portions of the map you don't want to get routed to. Examples are villages you don't have access to, dangerous areas of metro manila, etc. Imho, this feature should have been standard in all models. Unfortunately its only is the 8x5 series.
                    Where can we buy taiwan models??

Comment

ideal model

bro, i m new here, please i need info. regards ideal or very useful model GPS for phil.

Originally posted by gareth85 View Post
                      What best garmin product to buy is it 255w or 765t or 855

255w
                      Physical & Performance:

Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 4.8"W x 2.9"H x .8"D (12.2 x 7.4 x 2.0 cm)
                      Display size, WxH: 3.81"W x 2.25"H (9.7 x 5.7 cm); 4.3" diag (10.9 cm)
                      Display resolution, WxH: 480 x 272 pixels
                      Display type: WQVGA color TFT with white backlight
                      Weight: 6.1 ounces (172.93 g)

765t
                      Physical & Performance:

Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 4.8"W x 3.0"H x .8"D (12.2 x 7.6 x 2.0 cm)
                      Weight: 6.48 ounces (183.8 g)

Physical & Performance:

Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 4.9"W x 3.1"H x .7"D (12.5 x 7.8 x 1.8 cm)
                      Weight: 6.2 ounces (176 g)

In terms of Feautures what is the best to buy? can i consider 855 with its voice recognition?

Comment

Originally posted by johnny View Post
                        bro, i m new here, please i need info. regards ideal or very useful model GPS for phil.

all the model here will do. depends on your budget really...

heres is a more detailed comparison chart: http://gpstracklog.com/compare/garmi...mparison-chart
                        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by johnny View Post
                          IMO as far as navigation is concerned all three would be very useful. it's the added bells and whistles that differentiate them. refer to the previously posted link for these differences. or go to garmin site to see newer models. (ofcourse, i'm not saying the older models won't cut it, just that I think it'd be best to get the later ones for matters of product support, etc.)
                          HTH
                          ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                            all the model here will do. depends on your budget really...

heres is a more detailed comparison chart: http://gpstracklog.com/compare/garmi...mparison-chart
                            So true... Was in greenhills this afternoon and got myself a good deal on a 295w... The choice was between the 255 and 295w, no stock for the 255w (sells like pancakes at GH)... The removable battery was the deciding factor for me...

Comment

Working...
                            X