Nuvi 880

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 880

I have tried pasting the img file in my 880 and also in the memory card but it has not worked. I am currently downloading map source and will try that. Has anyone tried it on a Nuvi 880 yet?

more info needed: what img file / what folder?
    should be the gmappsupp.img in the garmin folder. anything else wont work.
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

I tried that and also made a garmin folder on the external memory but no luck so far.

Comment

I'm not sure but have you tried selecting (putting a check mark) on the map in Settings -> Map -> Map Info? These menus are available in my Nuvi 360. Not so sure about the 880 though. HTH.

allan

Comment

Originally posted by ybandao View Post
          I tried that and also made a garmin folder on the external memory but no luck so far.
          still more info needed.
          where is your physical location?
          if you are not in the Philippines, did you browse towards the philippines and the map was not there?

if you put the gmapsupp.img in the garmin folder. it has to work.

or use mapsource to send the maps to the gps.

Comment

I am in the philippines now. I just updated my software and tried it again but still the same. I put the img file in the garmin folder but no luck. The unit already came with the maps of the major highways of the Philippines when I bought it. In the map info menu I can only see malaysia/singapore and north america maps installed.

Comment

please use mapsource to send the map to the unit.

how to get mapsource

how to send the map to the gps

Comment

Map source was able to upload the map to the unit. I haven't got time to check it out yet. Will update on what happens. Thank you very much for all the help.

Comment

I think you may have forgotten to activate the Philippine map in your 'Map' preferences on my Nuvi 680, it's a checkbox list of which maps you want to activate

Comment

Working...
                  X