Help in Nuvi 1480

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help in Nuvi 1480

I've recently bought my new Nuvi 1480 which comes with a TV and Radio reception and Video-IN connection.. I haven't tried it in the Philippines yet, but ill be coming home this Summer. The problem is, it has only a TV System for TAIWAN and UNITED KINGDOM.. Will this work there on Local Philippine TV Broadcasts? If not, is there an Existing or will there be some program to have it for Multi-System? Any Info will be much appreciated..

hi wackzz, I think this will not work in the Philippines since we are still broadcasting under NTSC and I believe your unit receives DVB-T

Originally posted by wackzz View Post
    I've recently bought my new Nuvi 1480 which comes with a TV and Radio reception and Video-IN connection.. I haven't tried it in the Philippines yet, but ill be coming home this Summer. The problem is, it has only a TV System for TAIWAN and UNITED KINGDOM.. Will this work there on Local Philippine TV Broadcasts? If not, is there an Existing or will there be some program to have it for Multi-System? Any Info will be much appreciated..

Comment

Originally posted by wackzz View Post

Hi, I had my hands on this particular model before choosing the 1470. As of this time dvb system has yet to be rolled out by the big networks. Abs cbn is supposedly set to have this broadcasting within the year. Smart previously had this as trial basis only to its subscribers.

My friend was able to test and get some channels (net 25?) but this was very weak. Its future tech, hopefully it does become a reality within the year for us pinoys.

The unit is quite nice though. It has the most advance routing engine on a nuvi (same as 1470) but has 4gb memory. Stereo speakers are a big welcome and the screen is just oh so big! You should get a reradiating antenna for this. The ar-50 and 100 works well with my 1470, should be with your unit as well.

Regards

Comment

Oh i see.. that's what i was afraid of.. hehehe I hope they would come up for a way to modify it for the mean time.. And yes i hope our TV Networks would push through DV Broadcasting sooner as with other countries.. I guess the unit is already in the Philippine market since last year right? I really enjoyed its big screen than my first N205.. Nuvi1470 so cool also, that was actually my first choice anyways, Thanks so much.. This Site really helped me and my friends ever since..

Comment

Working...
        X