This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hardright View Post
    Good news! The unit was found in my car by the repair shop. I had left it on the passenger seat. Good thing they found it. Feeling depressed last Sunday, I ordered a new unit. Sold it to a fellow car club member at cost plus shipping. Oh well, one way to get another contributor to RG.

Registrar, still on V1.24. Still waiting for the patch for V1.26. As a backup, I have my trusty 760 with me with V1.26 loaded. Wife thinks am crazy driving around with 2 GPS units on the dash.
    @Hardright - good thing you replied :-was about to buy the nuvi 1490 online today (sale price only USD110!) - will stick to a 3 numbered nuvi purchase.
    Last edited by registrar; 07-28-2011, 07:47. Reason: error

Comment

Get the 1490.
      Compatibility issues will soon be a thing of the past.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
      How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Need help on how the 295w can record a 1sec tracks?Tia...:sly:
        If there's a WHEEL, there's a WAY!

Comment

Loop,

Please start here:
          http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=3696

After checking the list of known nuvi capable of easteregg here:
          http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....5&postcount=25
          It seems no one has tried a 295W yet or worse no one has sucessfully turned it on on these models.

Chances are this is how you turn it on:
          http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....9&postcount=11

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by registrar View Post
            @Hardright - good thing you replied :-was about to buy the nuvi 1490 online today (sale price only USD110!) - will stick to a 3 numbered nuvi purchase.
            Amazon has the 1490T for US$108, refurbished by Garmin. It's a good piece of hardware for that price. Just make sure you have latest firmware installed.

Have faith that RG will make its map work in 4-digit models. Jan the Man has spoken.
            Last edited by Hardright; 07-28-2011, 21:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
              Get the 1490.
              Compatibility issues will soon be a thing of the past.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
              Amazon has the 1490T for US$108, refurbished by Garmin. It's a good piece of hardware for that price. Just make sure you have latest firmware installed.

Have faith that RG will make its map work in 4-digit models. Jan the Man has spoken.
              Just missed these replies

Comment

Originally posted by registrar View Post
                Just missed these replies

for me, i like those 3 digits model more than the 4 digits one.
                its like an antique electric fan, those metal casing and metal blades. they are more durable than those plastic casing fan that they are selling now.

good day
                Last edited by hbt; 07-29-2011, 09:19.
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                  for me, i like those 3 digits model more than the 4 digits one. its like an antique electric fan, those metal casing and metal blades. they are more durable than those plastic casing fan that they are selling now.
                  Me too. "Old School" and still cool.

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                    for me, i like those 3 digits model more than the 4 digits one.
                    its like an antique electric fan, those metal casing and metal blades. they are more durable than those plastic casing fan that they are selling now.

good day
                    Unkel, collectors item them fans you talking about. You and the fans are not era correct!

Comment

Unkel, collectors item them fans you talking about. You and the fans are not era correct!
                      the fans came later you mean?
                      How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

grrrrrr... im only 18 kuya:sly:
                        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                        - Bruce Lee

Comment

You guys can add the 2360 to this list.
                          Even updated with the latest software version, 1 second tracks is accessible via the speedometer press technique.

Comment

Ranmamaru,

just to confirm the 1sec track access is via the speedometer or the 1234 way?

Please post your firmware info just so we can post it as well.

TTFN
                            Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by ranmamaru View Post
                              You guys can add the 2360 to this list.
                              Even updated with the latest software version, 1 second tracks is accessible via the speedometer press technique.
                              Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                              Ranmamaru,

just to confirm the 1sec track access is via the speedometer or the 1234 way?

Please post your firmware info just so we can post it as well.

TTFN
                              Arvin
                              Speedometer kuya
                              - Bruce Lee

Comment

Speedometer kuya
                                Unkel just wanted to make sure, double check!

As for the fans, there are still metal casings nowadays, but for industrial use, so basically Unkel HBT can be Era correct, just that for heavy duty use

Then again Retro is in, so maybe it's true that he is 18 years bald! I mean old!

TTFN
                                Arvin

Comment

Working...
                                X