Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

moved: Nuvi, waypoints and road graphical appearance!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moved: Nuvi, waypoints and road graphical appearance!?

Regarding the street appearance, I just figured out the "secret" to the typ files There is 4-5 of them in C:\jklinc\Roadguide.ph, just run one of the typ executables, and the road appearance changes in Mapsource, then just select the maps and transfer them to the device. So one down, one to go? By the way, do you have more than this typ files?
    Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Originally posted by jonatle View Post
    Regarding the street appearance, I just figured out the "secret" to the typ files There is 4-5 of them in C:\jklinc\Roadguide.ph, just run one of the typ executables, and the road appearance changes in Mapsource, then just select the maps and transfer them to the device. So one down, one to go? By the way, do you have more than this typ files?
    what do you mean, more than this typ file?
    they are easy enough to make, just makes a suggestion on how you want them, and i'll give it a try, only the unverified road type (red /white) i dont want to alter in order to stay uniform through all versions.
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
      what do you mean, more than this typ file?
      they are easy enough to make, just makes a suggestion on how you want them, and i'll give it a try, only the unverified road type (red /white) i dont want to alter in order to stay uniform through all versions.
      I just wondered as it looks to me there is different "typ' fyles for different devices, right? In my C:\jklinc\Roadguide.ph, I've the following: "standard mapsource roads.exe", "typ for 276c.exe", "typ for mobilext.exe" and "typ for nuvi.exe". As there is obviously more devices out there I was just thinking it could be typ files for other devices than this that might look better?

But never mind Jan, carry on as is, its good enough by far!

This just surfaced for me as I probably used the Mapsource standard "typ" (without knowing the difference) and noticed that the roads appeared far slimmer then they used to on my Nuvi, but then I got some clues by reading ia. "the Diff GPS Model Diff Map color?? but all Garmin" by Moses!....
      Last edited by jonatle; 01-06-2009, 22:03.
      Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Working...
      X