Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying from Sulit.com

Hi everyone,

This will be my first post. I found an ad in the sulit.com website that is selling a brand new Nuvi 255W(among other Garmin products) for a discounted price of P8,695 (from 10K++). Approximate SRP from Garmin website is USD180.

What is the general experience of members in this forum regarding buying from sites such as sulit.com?

Will greatly appreciate any headsup anyone could give me.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by bobbyrosadia View Post
    Hi everyone,

This will be my first post. I found an ad in the sulit.com website that is selling a brand new Nuvi 255W(among other Garmin products) for a discounted price of P8,695 (from 10K++). Approximate SRP from Garmin website is USD180.

What is the general experience of members in this forum regarding buying from sites such as sulit.com?

Will greatly appreciate any headsup anyone could give me.

Thanks in advance.
    That price is reasonable enough for a gps that is sold in the country. Looking at the price at amazon, a similar model will cost you $140, which is about 6,300 pesos, excluding shipping cost. Just make sure that the model they're selling at sulit is indeed brand new and not refurbished.

Comment

Buying from Sulit.com

Originally posted by pokz View Post
      That price is reasonable enough for a gps that is sold in the country. Looking at the price at amazon, a similar model will cost you $140, which is about 6,300 pesos, excluding shipping cost. Just make sure that the model they're selling at sulit is indeed brand new and not refurbished.
      Thanks Pokz!

Comment

Distinguishing Refurbished Units

Originally posted by pokz View Post
        Mga sir, is there any way of distinguishing a refurbished unit from a brand new one? I think I read somewhere here that a buyer can identify them from the color of the box -is this correct and are there any other ways to check that it is really brand new? Am thinking of buying a nuvi from Sulit too since there are two sellers there that have physical shops and could therefore issue receipts.
        Last edited by bushido; 04-24-2010, 08:12.

Comment

Originally posted by bushido View Post
          Mga sir, is there any way of distinguishing a refurbished unit from a brand new one? I think I read somewhere here that a buyer can identify them from the color of the box -is this correct and are there any other ways to check that it is really brand new? Am thinking of buying a nuvi from Sulit too since there are two sellers there that have physical shops and could therefore issue receipts.
          Theres a chance a unit is refurbished if it was disconnected in garmin site.
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

my refurbished unit that I got from amazon came in a plain blue and white small garmin box. It has no seal around the box. Maybe brand new units have a picture of the gps unit outside the box.

Comment

Just got my Nuvi 260W from Amazon last week. Paid 110 USD with my credit card and was billed 5,009 in pesos. Had it shipped to my relatives in the US and brought here. Not bad, the unit is brand new as indicated in the product description. Comes in a box with pictures and description. Not sure though how it differs from the 255w. Installed the local map from here works ok.Satellite signal is full most of the time except when under a roof (garage, basement parking etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by lmhp23 View Post
                Just got my Nuvi 260W from Amazon last week. Paid 110 USD with my credit card and was billed 5,009 in pesos. Had it shipped to my relatives in the US and brought here. Not bad, the unit is brand new as indicated in the product description. Comes in a box with pictures and description. Not sure though how it differs from the 255w. Installed the local map from here works ok.Satellite signal is full most of the time except when under a roof (garage, basement parking etc.).
                nuvi 260w is a discontinued product. https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=37418 its replaced by 265w

while 255w is the new product of garmin replacing 250w

now, if its really a new one then its a good buy

to know more about the products of nuvi, look at this: http://gpstracklog.com/compare/garmi...mparison-chart

good day sir
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                  nuvi 260w is a discontinued product. https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=37418 its replaced by 265w

while 255w is the new product of garmin replacing 250w

now, if its really a new one then its a good buy

to know more about the products of nuvi, look at this: http://gpstracklog.com/compare/garmi...mparison-chart

good day sir
                  Thanks hbt!

Comment

Working...
                  X