GPS Evaluations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS Evaluations

Is there a list of acceptable GPS Garmin units for use with the roadguide maps? It used to be easy to buy a unit since each manufacturer only had a single device available.

Maybe categorized by price? <$200, <$300, <$400 etc. I have a 340C, a myGuide, GPS III+, GPS III and a Gecko. The 340C has the maps, but whenever I find something that I think I can contribute, it is already on the demo map so I would like to have something with more capability of collecting desirable uploads.

Many of the US models now have traffic rerouting but would be unused in RPH, and no need to pay for unusable features.

If not a recommendation, then perhaps a non-recommended list to prevent buying a less than optimum device that will not be acceptable?

Thanks for the forum, I learned today that customs duties are imposed on new devices shipped into the country via Fedex, UPS etc. A good lesson to have before buying a unit in the US for shipment.

GWB

Originally posted by zp18zp18 View Post
    Is there a list of acceptable GPS Garmin units for use with the roadguide maps? It used to be easy to buy a unit since each manufacturer only had a single device available.

Maybe categorized by price? <$200, <$300, <$400 etc. I have a 340C, a myGuide, GPS III+, GPS III and a Gecko. The 340C has the maps, but whenever I find something that I think I can contribute, it is already on the demo map so I would like to have something with more capability of collecting desirable uploads.

Many of the US models now have traffic rerouting but would be unused in RPH, and no need to pay for unusable features.

If not a recommendation, then perhaps a non-recommended list to prevent buying a less than optimum device that will not be acceptable?

Thanks for the forum, I learned today that customs duties are imposed on new devices shipped into the country via Fedex, UPS etc. A good lesson to have before buying a unit in the US for shipment.

GWB

Hello GWB,

Choosing a garmin GPS model is a balance of what kind of usage you plan to do.

For simple car navigation with great graphics, the nuvi series offer a lot of models to choose from depending on your budget.

For more serious GPS work, the gpsmap 60CSX could be the best bang for the buck.

Hope you'll find a model that will better suit your needs...
    I am but a figment of your imagination... with a post count of 9999 or greater.

Comment

Working...
    X