Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best Nuvi for Philippines?

Hi

I'm planning to buy my first GPS unit my choice would be CarNavi or Nuvi.

For Nuvi can you please give me some advise what will be the best practical Nuvi we can use here in the Philippines?

By the way if i buy a Nuvi ill have to use a contributor map here in roadguide, i have just one concern how secured/accurate the contributor map, I mean since data comes from the public users, does someone verifies the contributed data?

Thanks

Reiji0463 and jspalaroan has already made a reply for my MAP Inquiry
    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1913&page=5

hmmm It seems Nuvi 255w is quite popular in the threads
    Last edited by Natsu; 06-14-2010, 11:48.

Comment

Gps 260w

Originally posted by Natsu View Post
      Hi

I'm planning to buy my first GPS unit my choice would be CarNavi or Nuvi.

For Nuvi can you please give me some advise what will be the best practical Nuvi we can use here in the Philippines?

By the way if i buy a Nuvi ill have to use a contributor map here in roadguide, i have just one concern how secured/accurate the contributor map, I mean since data comes from the public users, does someone verifies the contributed data?

Thanks
      I have a Nuvi 260W, which is just right for me. I got it for US$110.00 from Amazon. It is widescreen, gives out turn-by-turn directions and speaks street names (though this is not a required feature because the receiver cannot pronounce Pinoy street names properly).

I don't need a 255W or 265W with Hotfix because with the kind of traffic we have in Metro Manila, before you know it, your receiver would already have achieved satellite lock.

I don't need the 1300 series, which have lane assist feature, because Roadguide maps don't have this feature (that's because we don't need this feature here). It supposedly also has manual routing function, where you plot your route in Mapsource and upload that route in the receiver. But the 260 is also capable of manual routing by using via waypoints.

Lastly, I don't need a receiver with bluetooth function.

I hope this helps.
      Garmin 260W

Comment

@anthony.pinoy

Hhmm sorry but im not that techi yet in the GPS world, what do you mean Satellite lock (is that a bad thing) and what about the hot fixes

I just browsed some GPS Units at Amazon it's a WOW!! lots of GPS gadget (Nuvi) and mount accessories damnnn this really adds more to my excitement to join in the GPS community

Comment

Working...
        X