install map on NUVI 255w with U.S. map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

install map on NUVI 255w with U.S. map

Hi guys! i just purchased a nuvi 255w here in the U.S. I would like to know how i can load the roadguide map without removing the installed U.S. map. I m afraid that if i load thru mapsource and use the transfer method that it might erase the U.S. installed map. Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by gene300 View Post
    Hi guys! i just purchased a nuvi 255w here in the U.S. I would like to know how i can load the roadguide map without removing the installed U.S. map. I m afraid that if i load thru mapsource and use the transfer method that it might erase the U.S. installed map. Thanks in advance!
    the u.s. map shouldn't be erased when you install the rg map. but just to be sure, make a copy of the u.s. map before loading the contributors map.

Comment

the US map will not be deleted

i got a nuvi 205W from the US and after installing the philippine, japan and some SE asian maps using mapsource, the US map is still there

to verify, just go to tools, settings, map and click map info. all the maps installed on your nuvi should be there

Comment

Originally posted by iceColdgin View Post
        the US map will not be deleted

i got a nuvi 205W from the US and after installing the philippine, japan and some SE asian maps using mapsource, the US map is still there

to verify, just go to tools, settings, map and click map info. all the maps installed on your nuvi should be there

yup. i agree also. i installed using my 255w and US map was still there after install. although i deleted US map after a while.

Comment

and if youre still worried. using mapsource, install it to the sd card.
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Thanks guys for the assurance! Exited to use it with the roadguide map, will let you know what happens....

Comment

Originally posted by gene300 View Post
              Thanks guys for the assurance! Exited to use it with the roadguide map, will let you know what happens....
              don't forget to make a back-up of your US map.

Comment

i have a question to our GPS gurus...

i also have a 255w, and i've already installed the contributor's map. i'm just wondering why almost all of the POIs on the map when i view in mapsource, does not show in my 255? The only POIs that show there are the ones that i've created.

i was trying to see if i can select the POIs and upload but there is no option.

please advice, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by madjohn View Post
                  i have a question to our GPS gurus...

i also have a 255w, and i've already installed the contributor's map. i'm just wondering why almost all of the POIs on the map when i view in mapsource, does not show in my 255? The only POIs that show there are the ones that i've created.

i was trying to see if i can select the POIs and upload but there is no option.

please advice, thanks.
                  only a handful of nuvi models show POIs in navigation mode. that's the way garmin designed them. but you should see them when browsing the map.

Comment

Originally posted by doki View Post
                    don't forget to make a back-up of your US map.
                    I have a Nuvi 1300 and im confused how can i make a backup copy of the US map? If i open Garmin folder all i can see is the xml folder. Where can i find it?

Comment

maps for nuvi 255w

Hi Guys, please help where can I download Philippine Map for Nuvi 255w? salamat

Comment

Working...
                      X