Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nuvi 255w

hi all,

i got a nuvi 255w here in the US and would like to install the map of the Philippines. im having difficulty downloading from here..need assistance please and how to install it

thanks!

Originally posted by tonetito View Post
    hi all,

i got a nuvi 255w here in the US and would like to install the map of the Philippines. im having difficulty downloading from here..need assistance please and how to install it

thanks!

welcome to roadguide

take a look at this: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

thanks
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

255w

hello. newbie here.
      got a new 255w from a sulit seller. it has OSMPhil map loaded though.
      is it more detailed? i want to try RG map and contribute here... do i need a new SD card for it?

Comment

both can be loaded together through mapsource.
        How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Thanks Jan. Will try that.

For now I'm having issue installing mapsource 6137.

I've already installed the training center
          but for mapsource 6137, there was an error executing the .exe file
          so i renamed it to .zip. Was able to open it thru winrar and see the files inside but im getting an unexpected end of archive error this time.

anybody else had this error?

Update: Downloaded mapsource 6157 again and this time installed successfully after disabling my antivirus.
          Last edited by amir; 09-22-2010, 13:23. Reason: update

Comment

amir, can u also see poi like restaurants or churches with your 255?

Comment

Originally posted by paonin1 View Post
              amir, can u also see poi like restaurants or churches with your 255?

some nuvi model will show the poi while in 3D mode while some will not(well unless you zoom to the max)
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

Comment

hi, im new here..
                im planning on getting my first gps tomorrow and planning to get the nuvi 255w.. for my trip to the Philippines next week..

im so glad i stumbled upon your site here before i actually bought it or else i would have bought the map from somewhere.. not knowing that i could actually get it here..

Comment

welcome to roadguide sedated
                  - Bruce Lee

Comment

I bought a Nuvi 255w this morning. I have been using GPS since 2002.
                    my first GPS is a Garmin 76, a b/w no map unit, that time the Phils dont have a usable gps map anyway.
                    in 2008 my family went to the West Coast on a month long vacation, its good i reserve a Garmin Streetpilot GPS unit from Budget Car Rental. it gave us total mobility and independence! no need to bug friends and relatives there to drive us around!

on Dec 2009 I got a Nokia E75 with agps, i subscribe a 1 yr license for Nokia Map at P3k! not as good as a standalone gps but will have to do. recently i notice my Nokia Map license will expire Jan 2011! and nokia offer free navigation Map to all new cellphone and some recent models, but it doesnt include my E75 model! cant imagine life without GPS!

Local stores selling Garmin product at a very high price! I lookup at sulit.com.ph and able to find a direct importer selling brand new Garmin near kamuning, preloaded with phil road map. I chose the nuvi 255w bec of its wide screen and no frills review! no need for bells and whistles. the price is P8k. a very reasonable price compare to those selling at the malls!

Have tested it and found it very satisfactory!

Comment

I'll be getting my nuvi 255w by next week. I can't wait! I'll browse through the how to's for now so that I'll be prepared once I have my hands on the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by bwiseat View Post
                        I'll be getting my nuvi 255w by next week. I can't wait! I'll browse through the how to's for now so that I'll be prepared once I have my hands on the unit.

thats the spirit! and welcome to roadguide
                        we'll be waiting for your data contribution
                        - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                          thats the spirit! and welcome to roadguide
                          we'll be waiting for your data contribution
                          Thanks for the warm welcome sir! Already looking forward to contributing.

Comment

got my nuvi 255 for only 79.99$ here in L.A. (bestbuy) just loaded the Philippine map awhile ago.. hope it works perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by michaelaltamira View Post
                              got my nuvi 255 for only 79.99$ here in L.A. (bestbuy) just loaded the Philippine map awhile ago.. hope it works perfectly
                              yes. it will work sir.

Comment

Working...
                              X