huh?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

huh?!

I logged onto this site trying to get a Garmin nuvi 1350 map of the Philippines. I am merely redirected all over the place. Does this map exist, if so, can I get a simple link directly for the download please.

on this thread, you'll find the download link of the basic map.
    got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

maybe you're not getting it... free map can always be downloaded anytime as per legtu's post but use at your own risk.

the contributor map is something you need to work hard for...

Comment

Originally posted by daimengrui View Post
        maybe you're not getting it... free map can always be downloaded anytime as per legtu's post but use at your own risk.

the contributor map is something you need to work hard for...

not really that hard... but you have to work for it.

@bornprogrammer
        for better understanding of how we do things here, look at this: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

to simplify, we have 2 maps here 1 is standard and 1 is contributor which is more detailed.
        you need mapsource to install the maps.
        to get mapsource you need to DL the training center,etc etc....

its all in the link

thanks and God bless
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

but use at your own risk.
          ... care to elaborate more on this statement?

Comment

Hey, I never meant anything by that... I'm merely saying the Contributor's map is so much better than the free map that it's worth the effort to become a contributor

Besides, older data in 1.07 means it is less reliable.

Comment

Hey, I never meant anything by that... I'm merely saying the Contributor's map is so much better than the free map that it's worth the effort to become a contributor

Besides, older data in 1.07 means it is less reliable.

Agree that the free RG map may be less reliable compared to the C map but afaik and imho it's still the next best map of the entire Philippines after RG's C map . Glad to know you were able to compare the C map and the free map to really tell that the updated C map is much more reliable...

Comment

I'm merely saying the Contributor's map is so much better than the free map that it's worth the effort to become a contributor
                may i ask how were you able to compare the free map from contributor's map?

Comment

Originally posted by doki View Post
                  may i ask how were you able to compare the free map from contributor's map?
                  This is based on what I can see on the demo map, comparing that with 1.07, So I have a pretty good idea on what to look forward to.

isn't the demo map a "readonly" version of the contributor map?

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                    Agree that the free RG map may be less reliable compared to the C map but afaik and imho it's still the next best map of the entire Philippines after RG's C map . Glad to know you were able to compare the C map and the free map to really tell that the updated C map is much more reliable...
                    Well I don't know about that... I haven't tried that many maps... I just have a working 1.07 and the OSM map...

Now as for the contributor map... the only awareness i have regarding that is through the demo map. Being able to switch between OSM and the Demo map... I can say there is more data in RG's demo map than either the free map or OSM.
                    Last edited by daimengrui; 07-23-2010, 20:43.

Comment

Training Center

extending my apologies and requesting patience. super newbie here. got myself a garmin nuvi 3750. neat. but when i road tested, obviously, the cities were shown but no maps. so downloaded the training center.exe but since i am using a mac, how do i view it?

Comment

I'm a little bit confused with your question but lemme try: you see cities but you don't see a map? how did you install your map? the training center issue is for installing mapsource (if you haven't done this, read about "How to get mapsource" If IIRC, there is an instruction guide there for macs too) which you use to load the "Standard Map" version 1.07 unto your gps receiver.

HTH
                        ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=603
                          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                          X